Long Island Region Qualifying Procedure - New Hire Procedure
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
To fill positions at Long Island State Parks where needed: Jones Beach, Robert Moses, Sunken Meadow, Heckscher, Hither Hills, Montauk Downs, Orient Beach and Wildwood (depending on availability)
Suffolk Community College Pool - Brentwood Campus
Jones Beach State Park - West Bathhouse
Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 7:30a.m.
Lifeguard Qualifying Procedure
Male candidates must wear either boxer, brief or board shorts when qualifying – no jammers. Female candidates must wear a standard one piece or two piece bathing suit.
- 100 Yard timed swim - Suffolk County Community College
Applicant must finish swim in 75 seconds or less to continue.
- 50 Yard Cross Chest Carry - Suffolk County Community College
25 yard swim; 25 yard applicant carries manikin in cross-chest position in 70 seconds or less.
- ¾ mile (1,320 yards) Timed Endurance Run – Suffolk County Community College
Applicant must complete the ¾ mile (1,320 yards) in six minutes or less. (Sneakers recommended)
- Timed Ocean Swim – Jones Beach West Bathhouse Ocean Front
Applicant must complete the approximately 350-400 yard swim on prescribed open water, run-swim-run course to continue. Stopping will result in being disqualified.
Note: All elements must be successfully completed to be considered qualified for hiring (Not necessarily performed in this order).
All candidates must provide their own transportation between SCCC and Jones Beach West Bathhouse.
The minimum qualifications for taking the qualifying procedure and employment as a lifeguard are:
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age by the date of the test - no exceptions.
- Candidates must be able to successfully complete both the Lifeguard Qualifying Procedure and the lifeguard training program. All candidates must attend 40 hours of required training in pay status before they can be considered for placement as New Hire lifeguards. Basic First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED with Administering Oxygen certification will be provided during training. No prior swimming certifications are necessary.
- All candidates participating in the Qualifying Procedure must present photo proof of age and identity prior to the swim. Please have valid government photo identification.
- Candidates must have at least 20/40 uncorrected vision in each eye. Contact lenses or glasses are not permitted.
Immediately after successfully completing the procedure, Park assignments will be made in the West Bathhouse Pool meeting room.
After notification of successful completion, candidate must present the following documentation prior to employment (Please note that candidates will have approximately one week to submit all required documentation, and will need to make an appointment with their physician):
- A NYS Parks medical standards form completed by a qualified physician stating that the candidate meets the criteria listed to perform full lifeguard duties and meets acceptable standardized requirements. (Due only after candidate has received a conditional offer of employment.)
- An original birth certificate indicating that the candidate is at least 17 years of age (current U.S. Passport may be presented in lieu of birth certificate at the time of hiring).
- An original Social Security Card.
- Candidates who are 17 years of age must present valid working papers.
- All New Hire candidates must present acceptable proof of employment eligibility.
- All New Hire candidates must successfully complete 40 hours of lifeguard rookie training in pay status and achieve certification in Basic First Aid, CPR/AED (Professional Level) and Administering Emergency Oxygen prior to reporting to their assigned work stations.
Please note that candidates will have approximately one week to submit all required documentation and may need to make an appointment with their physician.
The Lifeguard Qualifying Procedure will be held at the Health, Sports and Education Center.
written by Dallas Cowboys Jerseys, October 14, 2011
written by luan, October 24, 2011
written by Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Baja Navy/Sliver, October 25, 2011
written by UGG Online Store, November 09, 2011
written by Moncler Outlet, November 10, 2011