Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Meeting minutes from Beach Rep meeting on 5/16/12
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post Meeting minutes from Beach Rep meeting on 5/16/12 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 am
Tom Donovan
The meeting minutes from our 5/16/12 meeting are attached below.

JB BRA Minutes 5-16-2012.docx [24.38 KiB]
Downloaded 761 times
Post Re: Meeting minutes from Beach Rep meeting on 5/16/12 Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 pm
santiago
thanks tom for posting the minutes...smart move choosing not to ignore me.
this is in regards to the raise and retro, from what i read in the minutes, that exact paragraph, has been fed to us for the last 4 years.
now as i sit here "in good faith", tell me...are not the words "anticipate" and "optimistic" a bit vague?
how many times has the negotiating committee gone to albany or/and, out to dinner? i would think the EB would have a clearer explination of where the JBLC stands...

and if not a clear explination, perhaps an alternative plan of action. maybe guards are ready to strike?
santiago
Post Re: Meeting minutes from Beach Rep meeting on 5/16/12 Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 am
James Rooney
Santiago;
As your Jones Beach representative to the NYSLC I would like to give you some answers, but as of now I haven't heard from the Executive Board of NYSLC or even our Head Representitive Joe Clerici. I am here at East Bathhouse with Ryan Clarke another representative, but neither has recieved word on the latest contract negotiations, or even a phone call to ask our opinion or the Corps opinion?
Anyway there is a meeting scheduled for July 11th so I will try to get some answers.
These meeting minutes posted are the local Jones Beach BRA assembly meeting, but the July 11th meeting is for the NYSLC and the NYSLC represents all 1,200 lifeguards state-wide in 13 regions and is the group negotiating the raise with UUP.
I will let you know when I get a call from Bruce Meirowitz, Tommy Donovan, John Weber, or Bob Adler. The West End Two Boys are hopefully discussing among themselves out there at Robert Moses what is in the best interest of Jones Beach Lifeguards and every other lifeguard in New York state, but I would have hoped after running for a position as Jones Beach representative they would at least give Ryan Clarke and I a phone call to help us keep the lifeguards at Jones Beach informed?
I think this year is another Election year for the NYSLC Executive Board, and I plan to try and keep the Lifeguards at Jones Beach informed. The only problem is NO ONE is keeping the Representatives Informed!
Regards; James Rooney NYSLC Representative
Post Re: Meeting minutes from Beach Rep meeting on 5/16/12 Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:55 am
santiago
rooney!!
just a heads up...i was told the other day by an EB member,
the state is ready to show us the money, however, they want give backs. so in other words...the jblc will never move forward until the state TAKES.

in good faith, we have been patient, we have given the state more than enough time to negotiate, since 2003 there has been a large number of members that are no longer with the jblc-saving the state large amounts of money.

think about that for a second...all the lifeguards who have quit the corps, all the guards who have passed away or no longer could complete the new hire, the state no longer has to pay that out. what is the number on that? seems like a fair give back.

give backs...i thought the meal voucher could be given back but this EB member spoke of hour up hour down, he spoke of wash up time...

it was nice to see the article on tobay guards...lifeguards standing up for what they deserve, guards supporting each other, using media to bring attention to their situation.
keep me posted rooney!
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic