Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests
Post Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Tom Donovan
A JBLC lifeguard bracelet was found in the sand at RM5, the date on it is 1958, and it belonged to Dan Konz. The person who found it is seeking any information on Dan. Can you help?
Post Re: Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:52 pm
fighting9th
I'll check some PI site to see if i can find him. If he statrted in 1958 that would make hime about 69-70 ish

John McCarthy
Post Re: Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:13 am
James Rooney
Daniel C. Konz who was from Flushing NY. He worked 1958, 59, 60, 61, 63, and 64. He was senior man in the West Bath pool in 1964 under Lt Bill Higbie and Bts Joe Clinton.
Post Re: Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 pm
fighting9th
I spoke with the BEAR at RM 5 today he had the samne info
he swam for the flushing ymca. does anyone know where he lives. I checked Social security death index he's not dead.
Post Re: Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 pm
James Rooney
Looks like we got a response.........

He lives in Illinois and has contacted us and should be reunited with his bracelet shortly.

Another bonus win for Free-JBLC!
Post Re: Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Tom Donovan
Thanks to all who helped track down alumni lifeguard Dan Konz... Jim Rooney, John McCarthy, Jean Peters, Steve Rosenbluth, The Bear, etc......

I am arranging for the lifeguard bracelet to be returned to Dan after many, many years after the original loss. I will try to find out the details of how and when it was lost.

TD
Post Re: Lifeguard bracelet found at RM5, 1958 Dan Konz -seeking info Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 am
James Rooney
WPIX channel 11 plays the story and John Hanc writes it up in the tuesday August 31, 2010 issue of Newsday.

Lynn Brown is located as the dealer of these lifeguard bracelets since 1969.

Our own Peter Vannucci was the provider of the bracelets in the 1950's and early 1960's.

Any Jones Beach alumni out there looking to get in touch contact us at the e-mail address <alumni@jblc.net>
Post Link to Newsday story on lost lifeguard bracelet Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:03 pm
Tom Donovan
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/lost ... -1.2247595
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic