Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Columbus Day Weekend lifeguard crews
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests
Post Columbus Day Weekend lifeguard crews Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:46 pm
Congradulations to the CREWS who lasted the longest;

5 lifeguards at Hither Hills; Capt. Mark Hansen, Lt. Jimmy MacFarlane, Capt. Bob Burkley, Mark Casey, and Bob Miller.

4 lifeguards at Sunken Meadow; Capt. Kenny Boehlman, Capt. Jimmy Yodice, Lt. Paul Reilley, and Lt. Bob Hirten.

10 lifeguards at Robert Moses Field #5; Lt. Paul Lundwall, Capt. Evon Allen, Lt. Steve Casey, Lt. Jimmy Dirico, Lt. Kevin Woods, Bs. Bruce Meirowitz, Bob Kolonkowski, Hal Norman, Jimmy Zelner, Tom Donovan.

8 lifeguards at Jones Beach Field #6; Capt. Joe Casselli, Capt. Arnie Norman, Capt. Greg Woods, Lt. Donnie Kramer, Lt. Charlie Southwick, Reggie Jones, John Weber, and Marv Levinson.

27 lifeguards on duty into October, and 8 Captains working and 9 lieutenants. What were the crowds like? How many people were venturing into the water? I heard Field six had the parking lot filled on saturday. I hear the Administration is looking toward planning ahead for next year.

Great Job; yesterday was the warmest October day on record!
Post Seniority for Columbus Day Weekend Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:19 pm
Admin
Straight Seniority Pick #'s for those hired - interesting...

5 lifeguards at Hither Hills; Capt. Mark Hansen(pick #7), Lt. Jimmy MacFarlane(#15), Capt. Bob Burkley(#3), Mark Casey(#73), and Bob Miller(#140).

4 lifeguards at Sunken Meadow; Capt. Kenny Boehman(#50), Capt. Jimmy Yodice(#40), Lt. Paul Reilly(#74), and Lt. Bob Hirten(#99).

10 lifeguards at Robert Moses Field #5; Lt. Paul Lundwall(#18 ), Capt. Evon Allen(#20), Lt. Steve Casey(#17), Lt. Jimmy Dirico(#22), Lt. Kevin Woods(#32), Bs. Bruce Meirowitz(#19), Bob Kolonkowski(#23), Hal Norman(#38 ), Jimmy Zelner(#24), Tom Donovan(#31).

8 lifeguards at Jones Beach Field #6; Capt. Joe Casselli(#21), Capt. Arnie Norman(#6), Capt. Greg Woods(#28 ), Lt. Donnie Kramer(#37), Lt. Charlie Southwick(#8 ), Reggie Jones(Guiness World Record), John Weber(#27), and Marv Levinson(#42).
Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:55 pm
Very Interesting,

I am pick # 41, I filled out a post season sheet that said I would work as long as possible and any location (would have loved to work back at Sunken Meadow for a few days) and I never got a call from the Coordinators. They are very able to contact me during the summer on my home phone or cell phone or e-mail. Thay talk to me often about CPR related stuff during the pre-season and during the regular season. Not a word about the past two weekends. I worked all but the last weekend of the origianl post -post season, so the" being off the clock for two consectutive pay weeks" is not the reason. My captain worked both weekends, my union president and vice president worked both weekends, three of the four seniority committe members worked both weekends- Still t no one called, or wrote or sent smoke signals. Very interesting.

IT WAS A SHAPE UP !!!! And we should not allow the inconvenience of following rules or making contact be in the way of what is right. I am not the only lifeguard affected. I'm not even sure I would have said yes to work----BUT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED THE CHANCE !!!!!

I was robbed of 5 days of pay ( and perhaps 6 if the holiday pay pans out) because it was not easy, would have required some effort and would have to be done quickly.

I love that the State put guards on. It was the right thing to do. I love that they thought about the safety of the patrons. But why not follow the rules, that you like to use whe it serves your purpose, all the time . I hope our Union officers will follow up on this.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic