Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Newsday Article
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests
Post Newsday Article Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:56 am
Well I hope everyone read the Newsday article on Tuesday August 28th. This seems to be late in the year for this to come about. I know there was mention of these individuals not mentioning their pety crimes in the past but why has this come up again! Can someone post a refresher on whether the 30 or so lifegurds have gotten their jobs back and post any developments that have happened since then and lastly comment on why Newsday has now written this article!
Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 pm
Tony;
I would think that this is in the news just prior to Rob Keifer recieving a decision on his Article 78 Supreme court case against the State. Not being an Attorney, I'd have to defer to one of our ESQ's 0n this one.
What exactly is being decided?

We can only hope that it will benefit one of our own, and hopefully all New York State lifeguards. If one of us wins we all win. Let's root for Rob Keifer and James Green. What would Bob Lenti do?
GO UNION!
Post Letter in Newsday Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Admin
Newsday LETTERS
September 4, 2007
Value Vick more than lifeguards?

I thought it was interesting that on the same day that the Newsday editorial page expressed the hope that Michael Vick might someday return to football ["Short takes," Editorials, Aug. 28], there was a story about some lifeguards whose jobs were sunk (sorry) because they had not fully disclosed prior convictions for disorderly conduct and unlicensed driving ["Some lifeguards in hot water," News, Aug. 28].

Considering what their jobs actually entail, you would think that someone willing to risk his or her life in the ocean to save a drowning swimmer would be at least as worthy of a second chance as a multimillionaire football player with nothing better to do than kill dogs in his spare time. But apparently not, at least to the people who make such decisions.

Leslie W. Rubin

Floral Park
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic