Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Shop Stewards Election
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post Shop Stewards Election Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:47 am
Admin
SS Elections were held a last week.

The results were as follows.

EBHP- Bob Hirten...1st Alt- Brain Rossi

EBHO-James Rooney...1st Alt- Pete Scala 2nd Alt Justin Martinich

Central Mall- Ed Costigan...1st Alt- Brad Smith 2nd Alt- Bob Delsignore

WBHO- Matt Lindbom...1st Alt- Mark Munnich 2nd Alt- Ron Roaldson

WBHP- Jay O’Donnell

Zachs Bay-James Yodice...1st Alt- Ryan Clark

Fld. 1- Matt Rogers...1st Alt- Mike Defina 2nd Alt- Rob Cornacchia

WEII- Bob Adler...1st Alt- John Weber 2nd Alt- Kevin Woods

RM2- James Schnaufer...1st Alt- Robert Kratochull 2nd Alt- Keith Mekeel

RM3- Stu Kaplan...1st Alt-Scott Davern 2nd Alt-Rich Malen

RM4 -Tom Donovon...1st Alt John Louden

RM5- Mark Davy...1st Alt- Chris Olsen

Heckscher- Nick Athenas...1st Alt- Ken Bohman

Hither Hills- James Mcfarlane...1st Alt- Mitch Mayer 2nd Alt Jared Storoshenko

Montauk Downs- Marc Hanson
Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:59 am
How is Bob Adler the elected Shop Steward from WE II ? Wasn't he working at Field 2 when the elections were held? Isn't he a current Executive Board member and ineligible for the position by either the old Constitution or the new one? Isn't he very vocal about following the rules? I guess just not when it apply's to him. What does the 1st alternate John Weber esq. Think using his years of legal expertise? What is president Steve Levy's take using his "Presidential Thoughts" ? Maybe he got a few foot massages and back rubs to help slip that one through?
Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:18 pm
Jim,
You have never recognized Bob as an EB member. I get the impression that Steve Levy is the interim President. It seems that the WE II crew supports Bob representing them. If it is alright with the WE II crew, why are you making it an issue?
Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Jim, Last edited by Guest on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:31 pm
Pete;
We've had numerious meetings this Winter and Bob Adler has been at All as the 2nd Vice President of the Executive Board. I've felt all along he should have been confirmed by a vote, but in a Democratic manner we settled this issue. The Elections for the Executive Board will be held August 4th through the 8th. Till then Bob Adler is the 2nd Vice president. The elections for Shop Steward were held during the 4th of July week, and during that time Bob Adler was the acting 2nd Vice President. The old Constitution which we're acting under is very clear you can't act as an Executive Board member and a Shop Steward, we kept in that provision in the newly revised verson of the Constitution.

Do you understand the problem with Bob Adler running as Shop Steward?

He had the opportunity to resign as Vice President, but chose not to. I'd need to speak with his crew, (Field #2 or WE II ? ) to find out about the vote that was conducted, but the whole point was to conduct a legitimate vote. This was the point Bob Adler made all last Winter saying none of the attending Shop Stewards had been duly elected. Now we have Bob Adler being elected in an unconstitutional manner. If WE II wants to conduct a new election after the August elections so be it, but I'd hope it was conducted in a legitimate manner.

I dont understand what you mean by "divert and attack".

I hope this answers your question or at least opens up productive dialogue.

How is life out at 5 East? It's nice to see you getting involved with your 30 years of guarding experiance!
Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:04 pm
Bob Adler is the WE2 shop steward elected by the West End 2 crew.
Post Zach's Bay Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:08 am
<Edited>
Just as an update: James Yodice elected to step down as Shop Steward for Zach's Bay, and later reneged on this decision. The 1st alternate has also tranferred to WBHP, leaving us with no alternate representative. I've stepped up as an interm alternate and will be seeking the proper paperwork to make this update "official."

Directions to the NYSUT building would also be much appreciated.

~B Howell Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:04 pm
Ben;
The building is easy to find, as you leave the beach head up the Wantaugh Parkway to the Northern State parkway, head East and goto the Exit for 106/107 also called Broadway. Head North and go over the LIE, The first shopping center on your right will have a Whole Foods supermarket, between that and the next shopping center is a big White building 500 Broadway. Go in the entrance and head north to suite 107. If you get to the Millridge Inn you went too far. People are getting there after 7 PM and the meeting is slated to start at 7:30 PM.
Regards; Jim
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic