Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Feel The Heat!!
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests
Post Feel The Heat!! Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:33 pm
Santiago has been doing a great job calling people and asking the tough questions that we need answers to. I spent a good part of my day today contacting state senators and assemblymen. I have sent numerous emails and made multiple phone calls. the responses have been overwhelmingly positive. Like I stated in another post senator Fuschillo has sent a letter on our behalf to Carole Ash. I spoke with representatives at Senator Kemp Hannons office as well as those at a number of Assemblymens offices. They were all polite and positive. I am waiting for a few calls back and was told that Senator Johnson would call me himself.

Two years ago I brought this up at a shop stewards meeting when I was filling in for someone who could not make it. The idea was accepted by a few but many just overlooked the idea and moved on to other ideas. Think about where those ideas have gotten us!! Thats right nowhere!! This week I have taken it on myself and i'll see where it leads.

Seaford Library July 20th 1-3PM I bet there will be one other person besides me there come on down to see who it is!!!!
Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:12 pm
Ron;
Great Job!

You and Santiago are really looking into this pay issue the right way. In the past I remember Roy Lester talking about Dean Skelos, but I've really never seen any other organized Political Action attempt to address uor needs.

I'm still waiting for Roy Lester and Jay Lieberfarb to get me copies of our past collective bargaining agreements.

Great use of the website to inform the other lifeguards!
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic