Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Bill Foxen
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 69 guests
Post Bill Foxen Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:40 pm
Sadly, Bill Foxen has passed away.

Bill started at as a Jones Beach Lifeguard in 1965, and he worked through the 70's. I worked with Bill at West Bath House Ocean prior to his moving to Field One. For those who worked with Bill, you know who he was, but for those who did not have the privilege of being on the beach with him, well, he was a great man. Bill was very large in frame, had a strong commanding voice, a big smile, and was a real gentleman. His hands were huge, and a handshake with Bill was an event that you would always lose! One of Jones Beach's best rowers, he and long time partner, George Munich, were always a threat in the Boat Race, back when the Boat Race was King!

As large and imposing as Bill was, he was always the gentleman. Intellectual, caring, and generous, Bill was a consistent and generous financial supporter of many JBLC projects.

As a businessman, Bill started his own Insurance company, The Foxen Agency. As a client, I can attest that I have never had better service from any company.

Many of you may know his cousins, Dave and Tim, and strength runs very strong in their family.

Bill introduce me to frostbite competitive sailing. Over the last number of years he was heavily involved in adult full contact ice hockey. Even after severely breaking his ankle, he was back on the ice as soon as the pins healed! I truly pity the person on the other team who was on the wrong end of a full body check from Bill.

Leaving his wife Denise, and children, Ashley, Alex, and Lindsay, he will be greatly missed by all he came in contact with.

Further information on services will be forthcoming.
Post Re: Bill Foxen wake & funeral Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:47 pm
Bill Foxen will be waked at the
Benny Funeral Home
79 Berry Hill Rd.
Syosset 516 921-2888
Tuesday, May 26th 2-4pm & 7-9pm

Funeral will be Wednesday, May 27th 9:45am
St. Patrick's
400 Main St.
Huntington
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic