Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Memorial Day Weekend 2009
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests
Post Memorial Day Weekend 2009 Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:54 pm
FYI - Jones Beach is on Thunderbirds Schedule for 2009. May 23 and 24. Looks like an air show at Jones Beach on Memorial Day Weekend as in the past few years.
Post Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2009 Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:37 pm
John;
Have you heard the rumour the State will be closing West End Two next summer as well as One of the pools? I heard it from one of the maintainance staff at Jones Beach.

I guess that's the initial cost cutting saving operating costs and redistributing the manpower. How many guards work at West End Two?
Roon-dune
Post Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2009 Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:05 pm
Have not heard any rumors about WE2 closing.
Post Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2009 Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:33 pm
Anybody talk with Joe Scalise or Steve Agostinacchio? I doubt we'll hear anything till we're all back to work, but it can't hurt to keep our ears open. Maybe Bobby Hirten can enlighten us?
Post Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2009 Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:02 pm
I only worked W E 2 a few short seasons but it is a beautiful beach with a great crew, it would be a tragedy to close it. Whats next firehouses??
Post Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2009 Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:13 am
I doubt they'll be closing any volunteer firehouses, and they allready closed 6 NY city firehouses 6 years ago. Who knows what the bean counters will cut in the next year.

Maybe consolidate the Field One and West End Two crews into one Super crew?

How about start a Surfing Beach at West End Two with a crew of surfing lifeguards to watch them.

Ron Foley was at the last Surfrider meeting listening to ideas of opening up the State park to other outdoor sport enthusiasts.

Field #9 was suggested as a possible access point. How about West End Two for Surfing?
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic