Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests
Post Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:08 am
I am retyping the letter, it reads as follows(copies at shop stewards meeting):

Dear Commissioner Ash:

I was recently contacted by Mr. Ronald Roaldsen Jr. of 57 Disc Lane, Wantagh, New York, who is a member of the Jones Beach State Lifeguard Corps.
Mr. Roaldsen states that for the past several years the lifeguards at Jones Beach State Park have not recieved an increase in salary, and their union, NYSCOPBA, has failed to secure a contract for the over 1,000 New York State lifeguards they represent. I have enclosed a copy of Mr. Roaldsen's correspondence for further information.
I would greatly appreciate your review of this matter and the benefit of your comments as they would be most helpful in responding to Mr. Roaldsen. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

signed Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. New York State Senator

I expectto here more from senator Fuschillo and numerous other senators and Assemblymen that I contacted last week. I will continue to contact our representatives until we are treated fairly by the state and NYSCOPBA.
Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:30 am
If you can email me (rpc2007@columbia.edu) any letters or other info you have sent to Sen. Fuschillo, I can use that to get in touch with Sen. Skelos, his local office is a short walk from my house in Rockville Centre. I also taught Sen. Fuschillo's son, so if you need any other help getting in to meet him I can use that connection.
Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:06 pm
Ryan,

I sent him an email through his website and made a phone call to his office. I am waiting for a letter after he recieves a response from Carol Ash. I think if you contact him it would be great. The more of us that are involved in contacting the better. I can get you a copy of the first letter I recieved. Please call his office or feel free to join me at the Seaford Library on Friday at 1PM for his open office hours.

Ron
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:07 pm
James Rooney
Hey;
What's the latest concerning retro PAY and PAY raises for that 2003-2007 contract?

ANY WORD on what exactly WE are proposing?

ANY offers from GOER?

Was there any response from our NYSLC Executive Board?
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:15 pm
James Rooney
Does anyone out there know what the current rates are and what the 2003-2007 NYSCOPBA settlement was?

I just heard that UUP settled for something like 9% for 2007-2010?

I know Bruce mentioned something about it at the last BRA..........any meeting minutes out there?
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:27 pm
James Rooney
Fellow Guards:

I did a little research and came up with the 2008 lifeguard hourly rates, and since they have been the same since the 2002 lifeguard season: There was no change last year for 2009. (Except maybe Joe and Steve who might have gotten a productivity raise since they aren't part of NYSCOPBA or NYSUT UUP. )

It's a little perk for management!

Joe Scalise; $35.64 an hour

Steve Agostinacchio; $31.51 an hour

Lifeguard Captain; $23.13 an hour

Lifeguard Lieutenant; $19.12 an hour

Lifeguard Boatswain; $17.41 an hour

Lifeguard Two; $15.14 an hour

Lifeguard One; $12.56 an hour

Chuck Barr (LG Equipment); $17.26 an hour

Work Crew (LG Equipment); $12.56 an hour

Maybe one of our Financial whizes can figure out what we are looking at with raises and %'s?
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm
James Rooney
NYSCOPBA raises were as follows:

3% salary increase October 1999 (retroactive)

3% salary increase in April 2000 (retroactive)

3.5% salary increase in April 2001

3.3% salary increase in April 2002.

the 2003 to 2007 MOU called for salary increases as follows:

Year 1 (2003-04): $800 lump sum for members on the payroll as of March 31, 2004.

Year 2 (2004-05): 2.5% effective 4/1/04

Year 3 (2005-06): 2.75% effective 4/1/05

Year 4 (2006-07): 3% effective 4/1/06, plus $800 added to base effective 3/31/07
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:27 pm
santiago
wow remember defeedme and triple r...seaford library...circa 2007...
good times...
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 am
James Rooney
Heeeee............heeeeeee!
Post Re: Letter to Carol Ash From Senator Charles Fuschillo Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 pm
santiago
roooney...your more of a hee, hee, hee, hee...
dude...davey smith...wow...rincon, cali...tell me everything you know...

hey i dont know what the talk is in cold ny but here in argie...all state park pools will be shut down for the 2010 summer...100 guards with no jobs?

no word on the raise or retro either...hmmmm...
frozen in time...
how was the cruising?

be good
santiago
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic