Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
General Meeting cancelled
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests
Post General Meeting cancelled Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:29 pm
Admin
"quasi" general membership meeting:
cancelled. Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Sunday's meeting is cancelled Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:10 am
A reconsideration for the need to have a general informational meeting has been made. The general meeting scheduled for Sunday, April 22, @ JB Field 6 is cancelled.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:35 pm
when was this meeting even scheduled?

I have been to the last 3 ship stewards meeting and don't remember this??
Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:01 pm
Matt;
I sent you the recap of it, but you're right. It was scheduled last minute, cancelled, and believe it or not recalled again. I feel the meeting, and it's recap posted by Tom Donovan went well. I think it also addressed the chaotic decisions put in motion at the last "official" Shop Stewards meeting.
I really feel our duly elected Executive Board needs to re-examine it's role and purpose. The meeting wouldn't have fallen apart if we had a STRONG president. Bob Lenti could have caucused his board, and made an attempt to control the meeting. He didn't, and Steve Levy's view that it is healthy for the Lifeguard CORPS to vent is very irresponsable. What else is new, we have poor leadership and it shows in how they carry out the meetings and implement policy.
Nothing good can come out of an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. How can we truly conduct a vote with Jay Lieberfarb saying "there are rats in the barrell, and now we'll know who they are!" , who's going to vote what they believe is right under fear of being labelled a traitor, rat, or scab?
Let's move toward new elections this summer and clean up our house:

Yours in solidarity; James Rooney
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic