Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
A letter from NYSLC President Ryan Clark regarding retro
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests
Post A letter from NYSLC President Ryan Clark regarding retro Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 am
Tom Donovan
Dear Members,

I know it has been a while since I last emailed you about the status of the retro. There are still issues with the necessary paperwork being generated from the NYS Division of Budget. I am working in conjunction with UUP to keep the pressure up to ensure the retro is paid out as soon as possible.

I know this has taken a lot longer than anyone is happy with, and I know we are getting closer to the beginning of Summer '19. Our retro has been authorized with the necessary pay bill from the legislature, and if you worked in Summer '18 you will get your 2% raises for the summers covering 2016 - 2018. I continue to communicate almost daily with UUP to push this forward. At the end of this email you will find the formal letter I sent to the Director of the NYS Division of Budget today to bring to his attention this pressing matter. As soon as I can provide you with another update, I will be sure to email it out.

I appreciate your patience, and rest assured I am doing everything in my power to speed up the payment from NYS.

Best,

Ryan Clark

President, NYSLC

Director Robert Mujica

NYS Division of the Budget

254 Washington Avenue

Albany, NY 12210

11 March 2019

Director Mujica;

As the President of the New York State Lifeguard Corps, I am writing to express my concerns over the implementation of the retroactive payments. These negotiated monies affect approximately 1,100 lifeguards who work for the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historical Preservation, and the Department of Environmental Protection. Pursuant to the collectively bargained agreement ratified by the UUP membership on September 5, 2018, the membership was contractually entitled to raises of 2% for the fiscal years starting April 1, 2016; 2017; and 2018. An additional 2% raise is scheduled for April 1, 2019.

As of today, there has been no payroll bulletin issued by the Division of Budget. This is so despite repeated entreaties by senior members of the UUP staff with their counterparts at the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations, commencing in the end of October 2018. The members of UUP have already been compensated for the raises they were entitled to starting on October 31, 2018.

With the beginning of another lifeguarding season in less than three months, we are requesting you expedite the issuance of this bulletin in conjunction with GOER so the membership can be paid what is legally entitled to them for three years of working without contractual raises.

If this issue is not resolved in an expedient time frame, we will avail ourselves to any and all remedies afforded us under the contract and labor law.

Respectfully,

Ryan Clark

President, New York State Lifeguard Corps

CC:

Frederick Kowal, Ph.D., President, United University Professions

Michael N. Volforte, Director of the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic