Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
A message from President Ryan Clark
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests
Post A message from President Ryan Clark Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:22 am
Tom Donovan
Dear Members,

As the summer has come to a conclusion and the weather has gotten colder, I know you have all been anxiously anticipating the retro check for summers 2016, 2017, and the recently concluded 2018. Over the past few weeks I have been in contact with UUP trying to get a better idea of when we are going to see this payment. I do not want anyone to get wrong information or get their hopes up for a check in the next few weeks.

After the contract was ratified, the agreement went to Albany and began a process to bring all of the salary schedules into alignment with the 2% raises we negotiated for summers 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Those salary schedules need to be updated and approved by the Division of Budget before the information can be sent to the Comptroller to calculate the amount of retro each person is entitled to.

At the present time, we are still waiting to see the new salary schedule for 16-21 that has been finalized and sent to the Comptroller to issue checks. UUP staff in Albany are in contact with their counterparts in the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations trying to speed up this process. I have been told by UUP the retro checks will not be issued before the end of the year. I know this is not the timeline anyone is happy with; however, we are keeping on top of this situation for you. It is my hope to have some more information for you before the new year.

As we look forward to Summer 2019, we will be returning to the best summer job anyone can ever have with an 8% raise. I hope all of you and your families have a happy holiday season.

Best Wishes,

Ryan Clark

President, NYSLC
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic