Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Regional Captain position filled
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests
Post Regional Captain position filled Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm
Tom Donovan
President Angermaier, has posted the following.
Lifeguards,
After long and deliberate negotiations, the Executive Board and I are pleased to announce Ken Bohman will be filling the position of Regional Captain.
This position was selected through months of negotiations and discussions between the JBLC and local management. Work experience (seniority), and title were used to select potential candidates, interviews were held. Management and Labor worked together to create and fill a position that would be mutually beneficial to both sides, something that would not be possible to accomplish if we were not strong together as a Union. Management could have easily hired someone from outside or even internally who possessed appropriate qualifications. It could have been a repeat of what was once the WSO.
As your Union president, I fought to have one of our own in this position. Someone who not only was qualified, but most importantly, experienced. Ken has been leading officer training, overseeing the draft, and has sixteen years of Captain experience leading young lifeguards at one of the largest facilities. Captain Bohman will continue to pass the JBLC rehire qualifications and remain a part of our bargaining unit. This means that we will have increased our total compliment of guards, and more importantly, created a new Captain position.
Discipline will continue to be handled by the park managers, as it has been for several years, the only difference is our staffing, scheduling, and equipment needs and concerns will be more of a priority. I ask the JBLC membership to join the Executive Board and myself to allow and encourage Capt. Bohman to do the best for all of us. To take a step forward, and not backward, so we can continue to work the greatest job in the world!!
In Solidarity,
Derek Angermaier
President
JBLC
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic