Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
A Message from President Angermaier
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests
Post A Message from President Angermaier Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:48 pm
Tom Donovan
A Message From your President,

I would like to congratulate everyone who came out and participated in this year's Inter-Beach Races!! You guys and girls really restored my spirit with your efforts. Even through some wet conditions, Day 2 of the event brought on some serious competition. Of course, only one team can be victorious.

The 2016 JBLC Inter-Beach Champions are the Sunken Meadow Lifeguards
With an impressive display of speed on the 2 mile run and pool events, they were able to secure victory on the second day of competition. Congratulations Sunken Meadow!!

Jones Beach Field 6 trailed by only a small margin to finish in 2nd place, dominated the ocean rescue events.

Central Mall finished 3rd, with their exceptional results in beach flags, and taking the win in the surfboard paddle secured the field a spot on the podium.

West Bathhouse finished in 4th place, and RM4 edged out RM2 by one point to finish in 5th place, thanks Donovan.

The after race party at Mulcahy's was great, and it was nice to see some old friends, and meet new ones. The t-shirts are almost ready and will be distributed to the fields. If you were a race participant, or attended the party, your shirt is paid for. Hang on to your bracelet or ticket to redeem for your shirt. Additional shirts are available for $5 active guards and $10 for alumni. I'll let everyone know when they come in.

Don't forget, the golf outing and BBQ at RM2 is Thursday starting at 2pm. BYOB

Derek Angermaier
President
JBLC
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic