Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Rachael's Run Fundraiser 10/26 10am RM5
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests
Post Rachael's Run Fundraiser 10/26 10am RM5 Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:53 am
Tom Donovan
Hi Everyone,

Jedd Storoshenko is hosting a run for his late girlfriend, Rachael. It will be on Sunday October 26th, 2014 at 10am. We will have a after party at Farrell's in West Islip- Peter Murray (a past RM 5 lifeguard) is helping us throw that. Here we will celebrate with drinks and raffles! Please read the flyer below. I have also attached it as a file.
We would love to see you there and support the cause!

Rachael’s Run
Sunday October 26th, 2014.
Robert Moses Field 5 10 am start
A beautiful and inspirational walk to the lighthouse and back.

Rachael Elizaeth Ann Mackey
The REAM Team

After 4 months of headaches and fatigue, just before embarking to teach children in Indonesia with her long time boyfriend, Jedd Storoshenko, Rachael went to a doctor. He prescribed her a “migraine drug called Immitrex, told me to get my eyes checked and scheduled an MRI, just in case. The Immitrex made me nauseous, I got glasses and the MRI revealed a tumor the size of a large orange growing in my brain.”

At the age of 26, Rachael was diagnosed with a Oligoastrocytoma (grade II) tumor, 7 cm in size. Three days after she found out, she was in surgery in an attempt to remove the tumor.

After months of recovering, Rachael began to go back to her normal life and held multiple fundraisers giving back to the American Brain Tumor Association and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s brain tumor research fund.

After a routine MRI check up in Decmeber of 2011, Rachael’s tumor had returned. She under went a second surgery in June 2011.

Rachael died on October 28th, 2012 at the age of 28. Though she was defeated by her brain tumor, her memory lives on. We would like to ask for donations to purchase a bench in her name to be place at Robert Moses. Here, she will always be at the beach, a favorite place amongst us all.

Please make donation checks payable to:

The Ream Team

And send to:
1184 Brookdale Ave
Bay Shore, NY 11706

Thank you,
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic