Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
important email about raise and retro...
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 75 guests
Post important email about raise and retro... Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm
santiago
hey jblc...
i received an email tonight...not really sure what it is about...but seems important and seems we have 5 days to get moving on it...
i am sure i was not supposed to be on the cc list and super sure i shouldnt post it but here goes...

i spoke with bruce he states-he was informed on wednesday that things are not looking good for the jblc...we should contact our state reps...

can anyone explain the next step...or explain to the corp what is going on?

if you ask me...we are entitled to the retro and the raise!! we are also entitled to take any and all action, if the retro and raise is not given to the jblc.

email sent by bruce to a handful of guards...minus the letter sent to senator craig johnson...which i was cc'd also...and i will wait one day to post that.

Guys,
This is the letter sent to Senator Craig Johnson Majority Leader,

I need someone to re craft some changes today so we can forward to NYSUT for a STATE WIDE NYSUT E-MAIL to all members, with the intent of reaching State-wide representatives by E-Mail. I am on the beach today and have little computer access. This needs to go to Defina on the WEB to all Beach reps and to as many members as we can reach. If we are to get a settlement this summer we have 5 days left. Men it is the last quarter 2 minutes left in the game and we are down one point.
Thanks
Bruce

Paragraph 1. I am contacting you for any assistance you may provide
Paragraph 2 As a Lifeguard and a member of the New York Stare Lifeguard Corps

Paragraph 6 I am aware that the Legislature

Paragraph 7 I respectfully request any outreach you can make

Paragraph 8 Sincerely Lifeguard (Your name)

ok jblc...not stirring the pot, just seemed important and with only five days, well i want to know whats going on...
santiago
Post Re: important email about raise and retro... Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 am
Dennis Kane
Please go to the Union/WSO section and follow the simple instructions.

The Legislature has not acted on our raise/retro package, and we need to motivate them before they leave for the summer on Friday! Please ACT NOW!

(This letter is the subject of the email posted by Santiago Grande, and was crafted by a combination of JBLC and NYSUT personnel.)
Post Re: important email about raise and retro... Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:26 pm
Admin
here is the link: http://CONTRACT.nyslc.net

If you have a NYSUT member ID then go to the following link and put in the last 4 digits of your social security # for the password: It will ask you some questions then you will be signed up. After you are signed up you can go back to the CONTRACT link above to send your faxes. It is very simple.

http://www.nysut.org/cps/rde/xchg/nysut ... usives.htm
Post Re: important email about raise and retro... Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 pm
Dennis Kane
You don't need a NYSUT membership to do anything. As already stated, go to the Union/WSO section and the correct link is there. It is different than the one ADMIN posted.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic