Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Will Iaia has posted the following
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests
Post Will Iaia has posted the following Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:03 am
Tom Donovan
Posted by Will Iaia,
Hello Everyone!
I hope this email finds you all healthy, happy, and enjoying life! I wanted to include all of you in something that is very near and dear to my heart after the loss of my father.
As some of you may already know, the last several months have been eventful for me and my family. Some of it unbelievably good, some of it bittersweet. On January 25, 2017 Danica and I welcomed our newest additions to our family. Our twins, Declan and Madilyn, joined our son, William, to make us a healthy family of five! We are over the moon and surrounded by love (and diapers, and bottles, and toys, and laundry, and more diapers).
On the other side, in December of 2016 I lost my father, Bill Iaia, unexpectedly when he passed away before having the opportunity to meet his newest grandchildren. Since that time, I have been looking for a way to honor my dad and his passing.
While going through his things, I found an old journal my dad kept documenting a bike ride he did completely solo, across the country in support of Angela’s House in New York. I have decided to honor my father by duplicating his ride while fundraising for a local non-profit, Project ReCycle, as well as for Angela’s House in New York. I am being sponsored by Love, Sweat, & Gears - yet another local non-profit to organize and facilitate my ride. Read all the details about my challenge on the LS&G website by clicking here.
I would like to invite you to support me in this meaningful and heartfelt tribute to my dad. You can do this in a couple of ways. One is to make a fully tax deductible donation in support of my ride through the Love, Sweat, & Gears website, OR - join me for a night of fun at the Platte River Grille on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 5pm on the patio! For a $50 donation, you will have a fantastic dinner, live music, and a chance to win something from a selection of donated items in a silent auction. You can see the details and buy tickets for this event here.
Either way, I appreciate all of the support and friendship you have shown me over the years and specifically for this endeavor.
Best to you,
Will, Danica, William, Declan, and Madilyn Iaia
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic