Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
John Messbauer
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Post John Messbauer Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:57 pm
Admin
As per Ralph Heineman: It is with great sadness to let you all know that John Messbauer past away this morning. John was a great friend and I will miss him deeply. John started as a lifeguard back in the 40s and always shared his great stories. The wake is Saturday at Thomas Dalton Funeral Home at 4700 Jerusalem Ave in Hicksville 1-5pm and 7-9pm. Monday a funeral service will be held at St. Pius on Washington Ave, Plainview at 9am. God Bless you John. We will miss you.
Post Re: John Messbauer Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:13 pm
Tom Donovan
"Thanks for informing me about John's passing. He was a long time friend and a gentle and kind man. I'll miss knowing he's around". Ron Colby
"Sorry to hear about John, great guy." Tom Murray
"Once a Jones Beach Lifeguard always a Jones Beach Lifeguard - we'll see him on the other side..." Greg Akula
"I appreciate the notice and join in the sense of loss with John's passing. John was my third Lt. when I served as his Boatswain at the Central Mall. Recognizing his wartime service most would expect a more driving personality, but it wasn't John's style to be commanding with the beach operation. In my years with him he was gentle, quiet but steadily aware of what was needed at all times. When rescues were running he was calm
and decisive. The beach benefitted by his presence. I certainly did. The contributions of his lifetime are recognized and honored." Al McGill
"I remeber him well..true JBLC treasure" Kevin Tumey
Post Re: John Messbauer Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:27 pm
Tom Donovan
Evidently the address is 47 Jerusalem Ave, in Hicksville, not 4700.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic