Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
1967 JB Interbeach Races
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post 1967 JB Interbeach Races Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:45 pm
bboehmcke
To; attn of Jim Rooney
Jim , like to post some info. for 1967 Interbeach lifeguard races. regarding one man line pull event.

John Jacques and I (Bruce Boehmcke ) representing Field 1 won the event . John was line puller and I was line swimmer . second place was Bill McGroarty and Paul Wood of WE1.
first place prize was a fabulous JB gold belt buckle !!

it was an upset as John Pasquale of Field 2 usually won this event .

your dad should be able to confirm the above.

next year I moved to Field 2 as first year boatswain and where I finished my JB career in as a weekender in 1982 or so.

my mobile is 914-882-7134 if any questions. Bruce Boehmcke

PS will July 18th event at Churchill's RVC honor any long-term retiring lifehguards as they did last year with Jay O'Neil and Reggie Jones ? it was a very fun evening ...
Post Re: 1967 JB Interbeach Races Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:06 pm
James Rooney
Great INFO....I'll be in touch, I had a couple guards looking to get in touch with you!

Party @ Churchill's on July 18th @ 8 pm will be honoring the retirements of Arnie Norman, Marcus Hansen, and Jay Lossee. We are also putting together a list of honoree's to play catch-up as we have missed a few over the years of our Long Time Alumni. The party is being billed as the "UNION" party as well as an Alumni reunion party so feel free to spread the word and invite any former Jones Beach lifeguards who would enjoy it. Every sunday @ Churchill's is LIFEGUARD night, but this will be the third annual Alumni Bash!
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic