Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
MEGA reunion for 2010 summer!
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests
Post MEGA reunion for 2010 summer! Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:49 am
Hey ALL lifeguards;

We had an Alumni Committee meeting this past week and are tenatively planning for the MEGA reunion for the third weekend of July. It comes kind of early on July 15, 16 and 17. The following weekend is July 22, 23 and 24. We are looking to have the official event on saturday night with maybe a welcoming social on friday night and a brunch on sunday.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

We were going to look at Bethpage State Park as a possible site. Right now we are getting our master contact list together. We have combined directories put out over the years going back to about 1984. We are also reaching out to Alumni going back as far as we can. I have contacted alumni from the 1930's and 1940's.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Let's ALL pitch in and make it a Summer of 2010 true MEGA-Reunion to remember; Rooney
Post Re: MEGA reunion for 2010 summer! Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:54 am
One suggestion I have allready recieved was to try and secure West End Two for a possible lifeguard weekend of Fun in the sun, Surfing, and true beach activities. If it's not going to be opened to the public and utilized it would be the perfect spot for us to hold our lifeguard reunion?

Plenty of parking and facilities and the State used to use it to hold the famous GREEK FEST?

I'm sure the 81st Anniversary JONES BEACH LIFEGUARD CORPS MEGA-REUNION could rival GREEK FEST for excitement and FUN?

Any Ideas?
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic