Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
What's going on at the MALL?
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:12 pm
I hear the Central Mall has been pretty active this summer.

Who's writing up WHO?

Sue Guiliani writing up the Captain?

Boatswains writing up the Lieutenent?

Lifeguards running amok?

Didn't anyone get issued equipment or uniforms this year?

Liegeywear and Eppiewear and "We are the champions" Wear?

The Water Safety Office must be having a field-day handling ALL the paperwork, and hearings, and Major Operational Deficiancies!

MOD's that's a blast from the past........are they going to bring back the SLIME jeep?

What's wrong with:

ON TIME...IN UNIFORM and WATCHING THE WATER?
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:46 pm
I've spoken with several prominent Lifeguards at the Central Mall.

It seems lifeguards aren't running Amok, but the Lieutenent seems to be.

We had a very rainy June and the lifeguards have had alot of down-time.

it's taken a while to get our personell straight, what was it 3-4 drafts so far?

First the STATE is talking lifeguard cuts 56 of them, then as July hit with BIG crowd and BIG rescue days we seem to have NOT ENOUGH lifeguards.

Either way the past two weeks shows the MALL is back!

Record rescue days are getting everyone pumped up! 40, 65, 125 rescues a day! We need more bouys! Move the mainstand! Send us more lifeguards!

I think the Water Safety Office realizes who is doing the JOB, and who is running the show over there. Hopefully the the petty write-ups will Stop now that summer has hit and everyone is Busy saving Lives!

The MALL is the MALL, and I think they're off to another record year of saving LIVES and Winning Races!
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:24 pm
roon dune...good waves this morning finally...and that is what is up...

i will continue to bite my tongue...but you are correct...one draft, two draft, three draft...close the beaches...we do not need lifeguards...wait some beaches do!!!
shit the hell with the drafts...relocate...shit, shit re-open the beaches...just wait...they will need extra life guards to help pull their heads out of their asses...ohhh was that a bit much...

i just cant believe the fields with the most guards want wbho to send them extras???

but finally jimmy...yes the guards are doing their stuff...record rescues...hot days are coming...hell, soon the college kids are going back...still no raise...no retro...but no deaths...

roon lets hit the waves soon huh?
santi
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:05 am
Sounds good Santiago................send me a text I hear there were dolphins out there in the deep blue ocean.

Waves are up and Eddie Peters is working out.........Life is good.

READ the latest "Bucket & Bouy" ........and Educate your crews to the issues at hand.

See ya in the water Bro! Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 pm
Wow..hope you are running for office Jim...we need to stop knocking our union officers and give them a chance to do the job...if you can do better put up or shut up and that means everybody not just you JIm!!! Things are always done like McDonalds (the fast food drive in less than a minute service)!

Tony V
PS-I have stepped up and will ne helping two young lifeguards from Sunken Meadow at the meetings and then taking over when they go away to college!!
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:50 pm
NICE JOB TONY!

Those younger guards will really benefit from your guidance, see you at the Historic meeting tonight.
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:49 pm
thanks Jim...though I think they were discouraged by tonights meeting
Post Re: What's going on at the MALL? Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm
Greg Woods and I sat right behind them, and I think they seemed to enjoy it.

It's important for the younger guards to attend and hear the issues. Who knows maybe they will have some better solutions than the older lifeguards who have been around for the past 20-30 years.

I enjoyed seeing the MALL having a solid showing with the CAPTAIN and his officers. Too bad the Lieutenent was a NO show?

There was a solid showing from Montauk too! I think JoAnne Wright did a great job educating our officers in modelling the good behavior they want from their crews as well as setting the tone on how they want thier beaches to operate.

You'll always have the same people bitching and complaining, but I think we actually have some true professionals onboard attempting to correct 30 years of chaos!

The water safety office is there, but the Park supervisors are now interacting with the Captain on Beach Safety.

Let's follow up on the suggestion that they SHOW UP on the pile and actually check oceanfront conditions before they issue ORDERS!

And Document ALL on the DAILY!
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic