Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Officer swap...just a thought
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post Officer swap...just a thought Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 am
does anyone remember officers being able to swap at the draft. The only swaps I remember were because of issues with officers not being able to work with certain lifeguards due to past issues so agreements were made.
Now if officers can swap shouldn't lifeguards be afforded the same opportunity. I now the logistics might be difficult but are the officers in a different union than the lifeguards. If not, then we all should have the same opportunities.
What officers swapped and why?
Post Re: Officer swap...just a thought Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:03 am
the two officers in question I think swapped because one didn't get along with a captain (pure specualtion and rumor) and the other wanted to be able to leave by August 15th to be able to coach!
Again this is what I have heard and I have not gotten any confirmation on what I sated above to be true!!!
Post Re: Officer swap...just a thought Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:27 pm
Mark;

Every year swaps are made, officers get juggled, and various other moves occur.

I guess for the betterment of the Beach or Officers perogative, or Management perogative. How about the "old" 'BAD PAPER' reasoning?

Ask Jimmy DuhRico about the Seniority importance of it ALL!

You've been around for a while now, and I've watched it for my 30 year lifeguard career. The union usually rationalizes it all after the fact.

I know for a fact that one Lieutenent was pressured to move out of Zachs Bay by the Water Safety Office. Tommy Donovan was aware of it and so was Bruce Mierowitz.

First the Water Safety Office tried to prevent him from working full time pre-season, then the Water Safety Office let him know he'd be terminated after the Bay closed in early August.

End result was that made the swap after he realized the Union was NOT going to stand up for him.

Ask Tom or Bruce I think they work with you out at Robert Moses.

Business as Usual;
JBLC
yours in solidarity
Who Watches the Watchman
no one!
Post Re: Officer swap...just a thought Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:48 pm
well...what else is new..no one in the union sticks up for anybody...having worked for the officer in question and now working for him again let me say that if the coordinators pressured him to move why didn't the captain in charge stand up for him??? I knwo why bu i will not disparage the officer in charge but will only say that he/she is very difficult to work for...the officer who I now once agin have the privige to work for would and always stick up for his lifeguards!!
Post Re: Officer swap...just a thought Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:59 am
Too bad there aren't more Lifeguards willing to stand up for their Fellow guards wether Officers or just Lifeguards.

That's really what UNION is all about..........what's RIGHT for the group not just what's GOOD for the individual.

I guess with this being an election year, and US being in a UNION we're now allowed to participate in. The time is NOW to get involved and set down some true RULES we'll all be able to live with.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic