Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
My opinion
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post My opinion Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:50 pm
Point of interest

We have not had a raise in nobody knows 6.7.8 years. Lifeguards got hired for 2 days and laid off .Fields have there opening times and closing times changed at the states whim.
When the fuck are we gonna make a stand. draft will be a horror show next year
We are losing lines . The job of the union is to preserve all of the benefits we accomplished by our great predecessors, not give back. Get the number of lifeguard up not down, it will be much harder to get something back after we have lost it.
Post Re: My opinion Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:22 pm
The last contract we were included in was the original NYSCOPBA deal that included pay raises and retro covering the 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002 seasons. Lifeguard 2's have been making $ 15.15 and hour since the 2002 season which is 8 seasons without a raise.

Is there a BRA meeting coming up?

When are the Executive Board elections?

When are the UUP NY state Lifeguard Executive Board elections?

Isn't everyone HAPPY to be back and ON- the clock?

Does anyone out there really want a RAISE?
Post Re: My opinion Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:46 pm
Kevin, I couldn’t agree with you more. Once the state sees that their plan is working, round 2 of the cuts will certainly happen next year. They’ll probably privatize Montauk Downs pool and hire minimum wage lifeguards. Our union membership will dwindle more. If we don’t see results this summer, next year everyone should take the last rehire test and nobody start the beach until full opening. We are professional lifeguards and we’re being treated like shit!
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic