Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2009
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
Post CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2009 Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:13 pm
Here is the information for this years CPR/AED classes. As always, I recommend that you attend the earliest date that you can-it gets hot and ugly at the July dates.

If you are an Instructor, please contact me and let me know what dates you can teach. I need at least 8 instructors for each class.

If your present card expires before 7/11/09--YOU CAN NOT GET CERTIFIED IN THESE CLASSES! All of our courses are dated 7/11/09-7/11/10. You will not be allowed to work without a current valid CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer issued by the American Red Cross or acceptable alternative certificate.

Anyone planning on missing this summer should take one of the classes anyway-so you will be able to take the classes with us when you return to work.

Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
CPR/AED 2009

It is every lifeguard’s responsibility to remain certified in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (or accepted alternative certification). The Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps offers six classes to assist in this requirement. ALL OF THE CLASSES ARE DATED 7/11/09-7/11/10, even if offered on another date. If your present certification expires prior to 7/11/09 you can not be certified in these classes, you must get certified on your own.

Classes will cost $15 (cash only).

Classes will last for three hours. (you will be paid for 3 hours)

All classes are scheduled to start at 7:15pm and end at 10:15 pm. You must be there on time, and park in designated spaces only-DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS OR IN UNMARKED SPACES.

Classes will include:
• Signing in and filling out paperwork (approx. 20 min.)
• Watching a video (approx. 65 min.)
• Taking a written test as a group (approx. 15 min.)
• Performing the practical examination (approx. 60-70 min.)
• Signing out (approx. 10 min.). It is possible that the class will last for less than three hours if everyone arrives on time and behaves in a professional manner.

Day Date Location
Monday June 15, Sunken Meadow
Thursday June 18, Robert Moses field 4
Wednesday June 24, Jones Beach west bath house
Saturday June 27, Jones Beach west bath house
Tuesday July 7 , Jones Beach west bath house
Saturday July 11, Jones Beach west bath house

Instructor’s: Please callemail Frank Salino at FASalino@aol.com or (516)459-2401 (cell phone) to let him know what dates you are able to teach.
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic