Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
William Floyd teachers
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
Post William Floyd teachers Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 am
Here is an interesting article:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 5680.story[url][/url]

After reading it, is anyone in the Corps willing to do the same to save the beaches...yes we haven't had a raise but we could turn one down if offered!!

Just an idea!!!
Post Re: William Floyd teachers Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 am
Tony;
Good thinking, have you called Bruce Mierowitz to present it to him? Better yet show up at the next BRA meeting and add it as NEW business.
Regards; Rooney
Post Re: William Floyd teachers Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 pm
thanks for the advice James:
1) Does our Executive Board read these posts...from what you said it looks like they don't.
2) I will definitely be at the next meeting....let me cancel my son's practices, not cook dinner, leave my son at school and so on...
This was a suggestion which I hope will be read by the EB since I don't have their personal phone numbers. But thanks for your opinion and advice...it is valued!!!
Post Re: William Floyd teachers Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:37 am
Tony;
I think everyone at the beach reads this Forum. It's only open to registered and verified lifeguards. It's an excellent way to spread the information to our brother lifeguards, and also discuss and debate the issues critical to our profession as lifeguards.
I figured since you work with both Bruce and Tommy you would have their contact info. The rehire test is around the corner, and get your papers in if you plan to return to the beach.
Don't interupt your important day to day life to attend the meeting, your Beach Representative Mark Davy will be there. If you have his e-mail address you can forward your ideas or suggestions.
See you at the RALLY on May 2nd; Jim
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic