Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
question...to the EB
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
Post question...to the EB Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:33 am
here is a good one...and i do not know so if someone that was there can tell us went went down.......

so there is a big meeting...who was there...chip gorman, members of the EB, maybe a rep. from the wso...lot of other higher ups...

so when they propose to shut down beaches from the most visited park in all the state...what did we say ok...yes chip we will make it work?

so my question(s)...did we see any numbers...A.K.A. facts...for example...why those beaches...why not for example RM beaches...do we know parking lot sizes? example...if field x has 500 parking spaces with 10 guards...and field y has 5,000 parking spaces and 15 guards...and field z has 5,000 spaces with 30 guards but at field z the spaces are filled with handicapped stickers and lots of people who run the boardwalk or walk to the light house...which beach is more economical to close? if any of the answers are yes...I WANT TO SEE THE FACTS!!!the state owes millions!!! how can they cut beaches in the summer? for 700,000$ that is not even a drop in the bucket...and then dont forget when the heat wave comes they let the patrons in free...good jeez...

another reason i bring it up...we should have a blue print of why a beach should close...so as joe sr. said...next year they cant close more beaches...example...if they closed field 1 cause it does not make the state 5,000$...ok close it....but next year when they say we are gonna close ebho we can say but they made the state over 5,000$...am i out to lunch? maybe we can put that in our new contract...if a beach can generate this amount it cant be closed...

send me the numbers EB and ill do the math...actually i think its about time for the EB to send something...thanks to rooney for the non-stop info but im tired of hearing it from him...who the hell is the JB rep? get some answers cause i will be contacting you shortly...

so quick find the eggs, paint the egg, lay the egg...do what ever else you do on bunny day...cause monday comes tomorrow and its a new week...business as usual...
santiago
Post Re: question...to the EB Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 am
Santiago;
I hate to be the only one answering the questions, but As you know the EB is in "stealth" mode. TOP SECRET DISCUSSIONS with Chip. I figured when it broke in NEWSDAY it was safe to discuss things, but I think there is a little fear with letting the cat out of the bag.

There is a UUP website out there, and I found an April newsletter discussing our entry into NYSUT with quotes from Miero & Dono. There is good dialog going on with Babylon and Chip. We're also waiting for the response from Albany as I think the two Newsday articles rattled their cage. I read a good letter in Newsday today so at least people are discussing things.

The next BRA meeting will be at the end of April and I think Dennis Kane will be coming out with a new Bucket and Bouy shortly. I'll keep my ear to the ground and keep sending out signals on the coconut wireless.

Was Lieberfarb working when the BIG Light Fixture fell into the Eisenhower Park pool?

What would Lenti DO? Check youtube...............
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic