Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
field closings and real life
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post field closings and real life Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:05 pm
It is nice to be upset over closing beaches but if no lifeguards are being let go then to me that is ok....what upsets me is teachers being let go all over Long Island or not being able to find a full-time jon and being unemployed all winter like I have been!!! if they want to close down some fields and just re-distribute the guards and not let them go...great, no one loses their job!!!
Post Re: field closings and real life Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:20 pm
I agree with you that if no lifeguards are being let go then that is ok but we must realize that a unions strength is in it’s numbers. When you close beaches and do not replenish the corps with new hires, you reduce the membership and the strength of the union. The state would love to keep these beaches closed for good. It would be less for them to worry about. What happens next year when they want a second round of cuts? Will they close your field like they’re closing mine this year? We must stand united to keep these fields open for the benefit of the membership and public.
Post Re: field closings and real life Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:36 am
so what services should the state cut...health care services maybe? These are lean times and cuts have to be made! No one wants to have cuts b ut what else is there to do...there is no money to pay for anything! We can fight all we want but what other solution is there!!! No one in all of these posts has put out another solution.
Post Re: field closings and real life Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:43 am
toni i think your facts are mixed up...

the EB has worked hard all winter and rumor is we are in negotiations with uup and the state...not really 100% sure but things look positive...

as far as the cuts go...you dont need them if you stop the spending...maybe cancell the air show...dont need to hire all the cops, the beach will pack out anyway. why was the ebhp not open to the public after 2pm during the summer? will all the faucets at Jones Beach be leaking this summer? when was the last time the entry fee was raised or the empire pass? maybe start charging after 4pm...hell maybe we'll get a bailout...
see there are lots of options the problem...life is important on facebook...if they people think to long they may miss dancing with the stars...they dont want to smell the flowers...ok thats cool...nothing changed...

so can someone answer this...patterson is blind right...does that mean he has never seen a beach, never seen jones beach...never seen jb during a heat wave...just wondering...

be well all
santiago
Post Re: field closings and real life Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:42 am
Thanks Santiago...some solutions to the problem...I get tired of people complaining but not offering solutions...good ideas buddy
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic