Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
BRA boys
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests
Post BRA boys Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:06 am
hey all...
my ss informed me the meeting was positive the other night...they used many terms such as,"maybe, i assume, i hope, we're not sure, i dont know, we'll see"

anyone ask/inform the membes of nysut if our needs were not met by a certain date, the jblc would be ready to take action? with or without them...thats the msg i got from the vocal members on freejblc...just read the posts...

however,

it is 1:53 in jacksonville fl, and i am on the computer, maybe im just a f'n nut!

"hope'' it works out for us, really
i assume because the US is in a recession and nys office of budgetary management is on lock down, maybe things turn for the better
again we wait and see...
im glad i wait in sunny florida

who watches when no one is watching...santiago
Post Re: BRA boys Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:29 pm
Hey Santiago;
New Bucket & Bouy is out, plenty of stuff is going on, and the word is we'll see something GOOD within a month. I'm comfortable waiting till January. I think NYSUT and UUP understand our concerns, and the biggest thing is to stay involved and keep those ideas flowing. Committees are in place, Big Jim Dirico is in a holding pattern with his seniority committee, but the rest are actively working. Once the deal is through NYSUT through UUP will be notifying all the New York State lifeguards they represent and will be surveying the membership to learn their concerns.
The Watchman was watching, and hopefully he'll be keeping a close eye on Big Jim Dirico you never know what sneako is up to. He seems very interested in becoming one of our new delegates for the upstate NYSUT conference.
Keep a watchful eye on the process, and keep those posts going! 5 more months till the rehire test, anything can happen, and I think we'll ALL be ready for it. The past 3 years have been revolutionary for the CORPS, we've definitely moved well into the future finally getting out from under the Yoke of the prison guards.
Happy Holidays; Rooney
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic