Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
I want....
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post I want.... Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:52 pm
...........the last Union meeting udate?
...........latest news on the NYSCOPBA NYSUT deal?
...........my pay raise factored into the last 8 seasons? RETRO?
...........a Union contract?
...........The supposed UNION website updated by our Executive Board member Cary?
...........I know you spend alot of $$$$$ on it, but WHY no updated info?
...........Maybe photos of our Executive Board members with their contact info?
...........A plan on what we do after waiting 7 months for the promised DEAL?

As Tony said Not a knock, but come on where was the INFO we were promised?

Look at the NYSCOPBA website or better yet the NYSUT website, plenty of information for the membership?

Do any of our other silent observers care to offer your comments or advice?

Pete Groner ?

Scotty Reigel?

Tommy Levine?

Stu Kaplin?

Bobby Hirten or your buddy Big Jim Dirico?

Claudio Steele?

Eddy Peters?

Jimmy Cash?

Big Bob Adler?

Steve Levy? Last edited by Guest on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:08 pm
I will second Rooney and all the others who want raises and a real union contract. I think it is time we receive something for all the time and effort we put into our jobs and not to mention the union dues. Some due process would also be helpful for disciplinary actions.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:31 pm
Jim,

I am honored that you asked for my advice (LOL).

My advice is for you to run for one of the JBLC Executive Board positions.

You have been extremely critical of the current and past boards and very opinionated in your postings.

I would think you would jump at that opportunity to truly be responsible and accountable for results as opposed to just “complaining”.

I do understand that you have called political representatives, wrote letters, gone to libraries, called various union representatives, etc. However, it is my understanding, that you have not accomplished anything to date. And to be quite honest, if you do not accomplish anything, there will be no repercussions as you are not responsible or accountable for resolving any of the issues you are so passionate about.

My point is that you lose some of your credibility by not fully accepting accountability for resolution. It is always easy to be critical of others when you are not willing to assume and experience the challenges that they have experienced.

Thank you for asking for my advice.

Enjoy the winter.
Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:14 pm
Pete;

Glad you've spoken out!

You enjoy putting your two cents in, but offer no advice toward any future action we might take as a group. We're all in this together, and with such a small group we should all be involved in the decission making. You don't have to run for president to have an opinion on how the country should be run, everyone has an oblgation to get involved or we'll see all of our benifits eroded away.

We're still recieving 2002 pay rates, with No contract for who knows how long?

Do you have any opinions on that?

I know what you think about me, but what advice do you have to our junior guards?

As a group we all need to take some action, a few are and the rest are just sitting back waiting to see what happens.

Pete I know you'll show up to the christmass party, but will you show up to picket, write letters, call politicians, or take a stand against how we all have been treated for the past 8 years?

Actually with your seniority your position is pretty set and obviously you really don't care about the pay or benifts. Sit tight on 5 west and enjoy your Winter.

I guess we won't be having that beer?

Nice swim during the races I know you won't be worried about the rehire test! LOL Last edited by Guest on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post what a barney... Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 am
rooney...nice post...really hit home...
groner is out to lunch...maybe thats why he sits five east...

its unbelievable how nothing gets written on this thing...me and you fire some posts and all of a sudden we are told the EB will meet for meetings, BB will be written...blah blah blah...everything is moving as planned...we have things rolling...blah blah blah...

my SS told me that stu kaplan and reagel were big supporters of not working pre season this year(2009)...they are gonna lead the charge...motivate the troops...so least those two are on board...

keep up the good work roon dude...we know whats up...
im off...going to drop in on some head high mackers...first ride is for you...
santiago
Post HEY GRONER Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 am
Pete,
Why don't you just keep playing Volleyball ,Fishing and keeping "OUR PEEPS" safe out on "5 East".You don't need a raise so just sit tight and be still or run for Union President.This is worse than listening to a bunch of Old farts during Post Season.
YOUR PAL
Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 am
Ron,
Good advice....I guess there is a first time for everything ! ! !
Since you left, "peeps' don't go in the water at 5 East. They don't feel safe without you...LOL ! ! !
Hey, what's deal.....they have computers in Costa Rica....can't wait to see pictures of "Little" Daddy....and remember, don't go over your head ! ! !
Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:18 pm
Ron, great to see your name in lights. Pete, don't ever loose your sense of humor. Loved your last post. Jim, I wish I had as much time on my hands as you. 31% of all posts on this web site. I'm honored to have made your list. Were the ten names, H_ _ _ _ _n and Dirico being one, some sort of Letterman's top ten, for some question? Santiago, do not believe everything you hear. William Wallace I am not. Actually you fit that part much better, both physically and personality. Not speaking for Scott Riegal, because that would be hearsay. What I suggested was the following. We need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Since GOER is the only one who needs to sign off on us getting into NYSUT, why can't we, the Jones Beach Lifeguard Corp. apply pressure on the State to walk into GOER (a State Agency) and say "Sign it". We absolutely do not want to even think of the word strike. With what is going on today we would be committing suicide. If the State started to hear rumors now that we won't work preseason, maybe they would get GOER to sign off on us. If they don't, maybe when we send in our rehire papers, everyone puts full opening as their start date. Let the State worry about the Air Show without lifeguards. They can't hold us to the Taylor Law due to the fact we are not on strike and they, the State gives us the option of when we can start. If their are any repercussions it usually falls on the president. This would be the head of NYSCOPBA, who has screwed us for all these years anyway. If this doesn't work well maybe we don't take the test at Nassau. Wait until the last sat.. Just a thought. I'm not leading any charge. That will be up to the Executive Board and ultimately the rank and file.
Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:56 pm
Stu;
I think your reading way too much into this, we need to make a clear statement here, forget the Taylor Law and all your pre season strategy.

Are you happy with NO pay raise since 2002?
Pete obviously doesn't really need it, do you think we deserve it?

Are you happy with NO contract?

Are you happy with the fact that someone in GOER doesn't feel this is a priority to sign off on?

How about a clear statement about this issue to the STATE or through the press?

I'm putting my name out there that it's not good with me, and Santiago has stated his feelings on this issue. Ryan Clarke made a good point too, and suggested that maybe we should look to allign with some political candidates.

Is this important enough to draw a line for?

It's not a Letterman TOP Ten thing, and it's not a joke.

I feel we deserve a pay raise and it has nothing to do about wether I NEED the money. NYSCOPBA got a raise for 2003-2007, and we also deserve that same pay raise period!

With Pete's attitude and humour, we'll All have fun on the beach and in the parking lot, but we'll never get a raise or contract, and Joe Scalise and Steve Agostinacchio will be calling all the shots through the Water Safety Office.

Is that what you want?

What does Bobby Hirten have to say?
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic