Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Tuesday BRA meeting @ the Treehouse: NYSUT yet?
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post Tuesday BRA meeting @ the Treehouse: NYSUT yet? Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:11 am
Hey;
Any feedback on the NYSUT NYSCOPBA deal? Is it signed? Are we getting any $$$ back from NYSCOPBA? Did Bruce Mierowitz have to pay off his promised "You can cut off my BALLS if we're not signed into NYSUT by the end of the 2008 lifeguard season!" ? Has the STATE made an offer of Surfboards, volleyball nets, and Bar B Q's instead of Pay Raises and Retro checks?
OFF-season 2008-2009 looks like we have 8 months to get our ACT together, any ideas from the membership?
Rooney
Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am
Looks like the national election and the fact that nothing much in government gets done till january has pushed back the timetable on the NYSUT NYSCOPBA deal.

Little wonder as NYSCOPBA pocketed the dues for another season and hopefully we'll at least get another 'little' bit back if we send in our reciepts.

Another BRA meeting will be scheduled for after the elections, tenatively the week of November 10th. Any word on Jimmy Dirico? Is he going to get to the bottom on the Bobby Hirten reneg? I hear the Bobby Hirten 'deal' has a few guards in a twist, is he really going to return and have some "heads rolling"?

Who will get dealt the Bobby Hirten card this summer? Only the openings on the BOARD will decide for sure, but hopefully we can get NYSUT to put a Bobby Hirten clause in our future contract to keep the majority of OCEAN lifeguards happy.

Maybe deal him out to the Ghetto?
Post what the hell... Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:08 am
yo roon...now its just funny...we are just wimps...worse jellyfish...no backbone...
maybe we can exchange the seahorse for a jellyfish...a species that does not sting...

two things...
1. i heard about the meeting and how we are thinking to hold off til full opening...great idea...i also heard if we do strike and disobey the taylor law even for one day...big shit happens but nyscopba CANNOT collect our dues??? anyone hear this...can i get the EB to check that out...

2. im thinking that this economy after the election will go to shit quick...who knows what will happen over the summer but they might not need us all...they will be looking to trim the budget...yes i dont think they will hire us all back...after them cutting our guards hours they will do anything...easiest target THE LIFEGUARDS with no contract...dumb asses anyway...the state may say we dont need them till full opening...

time to rock...
we should tell chip gorman we will not be there this memorial day...nice written document with a letter head sent to him, nyscopba, nysut, anyone else...newsday..tell him NOW not in may...FUCKIN now...call the papers and the press...NOW...dosent matter about the election or economy or its the winter...
we needed to be heard yesterday...lets do something...anything...
meetings and fundraisers...wont help when we are out of work...
WE NEED THE CONTRACT ASAP...
Good God do something...please a plan...something...what are we waiting for?
dont make me call you sallies...
santiago
Post Lt. Bob Hirten, Central Mall Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:35 pm
Jim, you need to get the facts before you put something in writing. I am the Lt. at the Central Mall. I will be the Lt. at the Central Mall next year and any lifeguard or officer who is unhappy, can leave. See you next summer at the Mall. Lt. Hirten
Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 am
Bob glad we cleared that up, I was just reporting on what was discussed at the recent BRA meeting. I was curious if any deal was put in writing on your late season move back to the East Bath pool. I know you were hoping to have that escape clause with Jay O'Donnell if things got too HOT for you at that busy OCEAN facility. You almost lasted the summer, and it's nice to know your spot is still safe as lieutenant of the Central Mall on the board in the Water Safety Office.

What was the deal with you and Claudio Steele? Is Claudio still on the board at Central Mall as boatswain? Like I said I guess we'll wait till next years Draft. You did get back after Labor Day for post season at the Central Mall. I'm sure you'll be back for preseason too, then depending on the openings we'll see who gets dealt the Hirten card.
Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 am
Jim, Mr Steele is still on the Board as Boatswain at the Mall.
Post And.... Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:56 pm
everybody is tired of your games Mr. Hirten...Why don't you inform your brothers and sisters in the Corp of the reason why you went to the EBHP near the end of the year?
Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:53 pm
Tony;
I don't think it was really any EVIL games Mr. Hirten was playing. Seems to me it was just alot of strong personalities clashing. You probably see that all summer long at RM #5?

The crew was putting up a little revolt and Claudio Steele and Bobby Hirten were clashing. The other officers: Captain Geg Woods and boatswains Mike Guadi and Brad Hepworth tried to work things.

A meeting was held with Sue Guilliani and the Water Safety office. Joe Scalise and Mr. Hirtens brother-in-law Steve Agostinacchio all put their heads togethert and the solution was to temporarilly transfer Bobby Hirten back to the pool and Claudio Steele over to Field Six.

Claudio fit in well with Captain Eddie Peters and Eddie Costigan, and Bobby Hirten was back in the pool where he's comfortable. He travelled back to the Central Mall after labor Day. There are always conflicts and I guess there will always be solutions worked out by the Water Safety Office.

Untill we get a parent Union that is willing to put in writing our contractual workers rights we'll have to accept these solutions and learn to work together.

Thanks for your input Tony, it's nice to see your involvement;
Rooney
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic