Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
BRA meeting
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests
Post BRA meeting Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 pm
We will not have a BRA meeting in September. NYSUT is moving into an new building.
They are not scheduling anything until October, so we will post the new address and October meeting date then. Save the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of the month as tentative dates. But even there we have to be flexible, because of the move-in, and their calling schedule for the presidential election.
Post let me get this straight... Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 pm
we havent heard anything from nysut about where we stand...hell i dont even know if we are officially decertified from nyscopba...

we are in limbo, no contract, no raise,the state takes hours from guards...we get no respect...

and we cant have a bra meeting cause of some office move???
are you kidding me...what a joke...

thats is really sad kane(no s) i was looking forward to seeing bruce and dono considering they will not return my phone calls...

santiago
Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:34 pm
Dennis;
What is the latest status of the NYSUT - GOER - NYSCOPBA deal? I haven't been able to get through to Bruce either. I guess if nothing is happening No use wasting anyones time meeting, but it would be nice to hear the latest from NYSUT. Any more 'secret' e-mails that Bruce can share?
Rooney
Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:12 am
If the issues cannot be worked out with NYSUT, NYSCOPBA, PERB, LISPC, GOER , JBLC and any other acronym you can think of, there MUST be consequences! Enough is enough, is enough! We have already given another year to dues (80 to a 100G) to the thieves at NYSCOPBA and we got the same thing we always get in return, "THE SHAFT"! The JBLC has been patient, cooperative and accommodating, almost to the point of being abused. What’s right is right, and we have not been treaded fairly and with the respect that WE deserve. The Governor orders reductions in spending and lick-ity-split OT and hours are gone. Man that was fast! I wonder if the Correction Officers had cut backs (I doubt it). I thought it took government a long time to get things done? It seems when there is pressure applied, things get done. Maybe we should apply some additional pressure to get our needs met.
IT IS THE PRINCIPLE of the matter. A raise and retroactive pay is not going to be a life-changing amount of money, but it would certainly ease the “sting” at the pump, buy additional beverages for your crew, purchase a new surfboard or take a trip to Rincon to catch some waves and drink piratas. Yes, this is the best job in the world, but we devalue ourselves and our unparalleled lifeguarding abilities, if we do not seek what is rightfully ours. Frankly, I’m worth it and so are you!
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic