Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
most recent info...
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
Post most recent info... Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:13 pm
hey all i spoke with bruce and cornachia...and this is what i gathered...this is only what i got out of it..."tom donovan will be posting the factual information soon..."

1.this week nyscopba will be sending out these polling cards to the lifeguards...there is a phone chain set up inorder to contact the corps...this will be done on the 27th at nysut in jericho...if the majority is obtained and want to decert from nyscopba we will be out...does this include the upstate guards...i dont know...however i was told if we have a majority its a go...so if only three people send in the cards...and 2 want out...its a done deal...this must all happen by the 7th of april...by the way it was mentioned that nyscopba has the addresses...whether we get them or not...we will see...

if this does not happen we will look at other outlets...

what we have to find out is...
1.the actual punishment if we do strike...maybe a small fine and the pres of nyscopba in the slammer would not be so bad...
2.there have been talks of strike vs. not returning for opening weekend...
3.there have been talks of strike on july 4th...
4.these other outlets most be thought of now...

instead of assuming nyscopba will be there for us...we should assume they will fuck us and think of a different strategy...now

the shopstewards should be gathering the numbers and emails of all the guards they rep...

i really feel that we can turn nyscopbas screws by involving the state to force them to let us go...the question chip has to ask himself is would he rather go the extra mile to have lifeguards on the beach happy or stay passive and see what happens...

thats all for now...
hopefully tom donovan can clear this up and maybe find out about that cd with all the info that we could use...
santiago
Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:38 pm
Ballots are out, Now is our chance to VOTE, and let our feelings be known.

A yes vote means you want to stay with NYSCOPBA, and let them collect your dues and DO NOTHING FOR YOU!

A No vote means you want to leave NYSCOPBA and have NYSUT through UUP represent your interests.

Get those votes in right away, don't put it off! As the results have to be in by April 4th.

Who do we contact if we don'r recieve a Ballot? Who's eligible to vote? Only those who worked last year, or those who've worked the past 7 years since we've been paying NYSCOPBA dues and haven't recieved a raise since the 2002 lifeguarding season? Where is NYSCOPBA getting the list? Has anyone spoken with Tim Forsyth? Everyone who's worked in the past 4 years should be calling NYSCOPBA asking for a Ballot; now is your chance to let them know your feelings.
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic