Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
DID WE DO IT RIGHT ?
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests
Post DID WE DO IT RIGHT ? Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:07 pm
Is it possible that we were so hung up on the fight that we really missed the agenda? Let me back track.....we all know that the past executive board was very hostile and negative in their approach to doing business (very similar to Eliot Spitzer). This new executive board, which in my opinion is doing a fantastic job, should have met with Mr. Dewitt of NYSCOPBA to see if they could open a new line of commmunication. Yes, sometimes we need to go backwards before we can go forward. It seems to me that we will be involved in this merry-go-round for years to come. We need a raise and I believe that the best way to get one is to work with what we have. Don't take this view as being anti-union.....only as food for thought. We all know that there is a lot of information out there that is inaccurate, secretive and misleading. Will we ever know the truth? Only time will tell.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 am
BOB;
3 Times to say the same thing?

Maybe you should write another letter to the editor of Newsday? Do you think John Hanc would be interested in writing about this situation?

The newspapers enjoyed writing about Spitzer this past week, maybe we can get a quote from PERB, GOER, NYSCOPBA, Jerry Dewitt, Joe Scalise, or that guy who's our Chief Sector Steward in Staten Island?

Maybe even Jay Lieberfarb or Roy Lester or Steve Levy or Bob Adler would enjoy speaking out, they spoke so eloquently in the New York Times last summer? What does Jimmy Dirico think?

I think the WAIT is over, let's take this thing to the PEOPLE via the PRESS!

Any comments from the JBLC?
Post extra extra read all about it Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:38 pm
yeah...who is john hanc...the head of newsday...
i will contact him...
i have all the numbers for perb, nyscopba, etc...just need tim forsyths...

it would be so nice to see the story in black and white...it would be great...

nyscopba...why have the lifeguards been left out of the contract negotiation for the last six years...
why do you continue to not represent the jblc but yet do everything in your power to not let them go from your union...
perb...why are members not being appointed to the board...is it true the bruno/spitzer rivalry has postponed the appointment...
mr. scalise/chip gorman...how do you feel employing hundreds of the best lifeguards in ny with the best safety record...without a contract...is it true the two of you were included in the raises the lifeguards have not received...

mr donovan...why do you and the jblc feel moving from nyscopba to nysut will help/hurt the lifeguards...what steps have you taken to insure that lifeguards will be granted raises and retro pays...contracts...for the 2008 season...

is there any chance the lifeguards will not be sitting in the chairs come memorial day...

santiago
Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:16 pm
To get a raise we need to do one thing. All Lifeguards must have a start date of May 31, 2008. The phones in Albany will be ringing.
Post you are right... Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 pm
hey yes it wouldnt even have to be a week...

what we do is just fill in the paper work as if we can not make it on the weekend...EVERYONE...once the state sees no one is available to work blue angle weekend...
we could name our price...
even if it rains...

and if this happens we go for the balls and get the retro raise and we can get a contract...
we would do it on our own and it would make the jblc look really good...strong force to be delt with...
hell we should call chip up monday and tell him sorry dude cant make it that weekend cancell the air show...

***this exact situation was brought up to the eb at a BRA meeting...months ago...

"the public dose not care about the lifeguards in the winter"...kofod...
"the lifeguards do not care about the lifeguards in the winter"...santiago
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic