Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
NYSCOPBA $50 GIFT CARD
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests
Post NYSCOPBA $50 GIFT CARD Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:12 pm
Today, 11/16/07, I received a postcard from NYSCOPBA informing me that on October 24th, their Executive Assembly voted to send each member a $50 gift card. The card is due to arrive in December. I called NYSCOPBA member services to inquire as to this card applied to seasonal employees. I was informed that one had to be working ( "on the books") as of November 1st. to get the card. So that would lead to the conclusion that we will not be getting our $50 gift card. But, I was also informed that if I, or anyone else, did receive a card, then we would be getting our gift card, as the data base was the same. So, perhaps it is due to working so late in the season, or a glitch in the NYSCOPBA data base, but I, and hopefully the rest of you, should be getting my $50 gift card, thanks to our "elected representatives, The Executive Assembly" of NYSCOPBA. I can't wait!

Tom Donovan
Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:22 pm
hey any talk on the raise and retro...from my understandings perb is in session...are we still waiting on spitzer and bruno to kiss and make up...has anyone contacted our new union for their insite...anyone contact perb board...
are we not taking action on this matter...
santiago
Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:39 pm
Santiago;
If you look at <http://www.nyscopba.org> under Law Enforcement: a Pay Bill has passed both Houses and been signed by Governor Spitzer on November 3rd. How that affects us would be interesting.

Maybe Bruce Meirowitz can update us on the failure to represent law suit?
Post Update on union actions Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 pm
I have requested that VP, Bruce Meirowitz submit a written update on where we stand with NYSCOPBA's continued failure to properly represent us, this would include long overdue raises. Bruce will also include in this report the status or our class action suit against NYSCOPBA. The Exec Board is meeting this week and we have a Beach Representatives meeting next Wednesday (Dec.5th). The report will be posted after it is submitted to the Beach Reps.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic