Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
im sorry...
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
Post im sorry... Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:44 pm
sorry folks...i do not work jb to make friends...i swim bouys and lines and write schedules...i do it for the pay...and im good at it...the extras include surfing, chicks, and the people i meet...im not there for a popularity contest...
ive been at jb for 13 years and ive met great people...hope to meet more...i work with a great crew...and the wbho has been a great home...the great people ive met...whether through lifeguarding, swimming or coaching...i consider friends...they have been there for me as i for them...i think of them throughout the winter...i know who my friends are...

i have no personal agendas...i want my raise, retro and contract...i really cant believe how many lifeguards dont want them...i cant believe how lifeguards feel it is ok to be in this state of limbo...but that is ok with me that is your thing...mine is the other...we disagree... i want questions answerd...that is it...i just want to be told the truth...and if i must get it from someone who knows it...i will...

so ive been quiet for a week...your welcome...

so i ask the questions...whats the deal adler did something under the table...shocking...anyone hear the latest...is there a copy of the sheet we2 had to sign if his name is there he is in right???i saw a lifeguard named steve from we2 said adler is the guy...which is great cause if bob is the ss for we2...well after the begining of last meeting he showed some positive signs...he helped the meeting run a bit smoother making sure everyone had a chance to speak...besides...he would keep hirten in line and then he could not be appointed to the board...and i would win 2 bets...1 milkshake...and half a night of drinking...

but this will blow your minds...
i heard the above mentioned will have mr.jerry dewitt(nyscobpa) represent him for his suit against...i dont even know who...must be management or the state...if someone could let me know...because i was under the knowledge nyscbpa never did anything for us...just asking for the truth...

hope all is well with my friends and the members of the JBLC...
santiago...leader of The People’s Party Of Responsible Lifeguards For Fair And Reasonable Self-Governance Without Any Personal Agendas, Vendettas Or Profit Motives Getting In The Way Of Us Keeping The Best Interest Of The Corps Foremost In All Of Our Activities.
Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:28 pm
Santiago;
I think Bob Adlers suit is against Jimmy Hammel for involuntarily transferring him from WE II to Field 2. Hopefully Bob can explain it on wednesday night. I guess Bob Adler is tired of paying $17.59 all those pay periods to NYSCOPBA, and getting nothing for it. So now he's getting his money's worth from the Union he pays the dues to.

Step 1 or Step 2, maybe Step 3 you're out!

Is it a grievance, disciplinary hearing, PERB case? Maybe someone should explain the process to the Stewards so we'd be a little knowledgable to advising our members, or maybe the State and our Union leaders would rather have Chaos Rule? I guess somewhere in all those Bucket & Bouys you can find the Truth, does anyone have a roadmap?
Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:06 am
Does anyone realize that if we vote down the Proposed Constitution we are stuck with the current crop of Executive Board members till October? Watch how quick Bob Adler retakes his 2nd vice president position then, he can switch to WE II shop steward in October and turn over the reigns when his term ends.

It's hard to take in all that has been going on this week, and as always it's so entertaining to read "Roy's rag" and see what Propaganda is being spoon fed to the younger lieguards. Steve Levy's "presidential Thoughts" what a misnomer, the voice of reason, let's all go down to Fied Six and drink from the Levy well and recieve our enlightenment.

Word is there will be talk at the Shop Stewards meeting to introduce a procedure to Impeach Shop Stewards. As Levy says we need an instrument to throw out these "Bad apples"! I know everyone always enjoys picking on the East Bath pool Steward Bob Hirten. It's been going on since he entered the CORPS during the 1971 strike, we all know he went into the Evil Water Safety Office, and he's testified against the Lifeguards as an expert for the State.

It seems to some Lifeguards Rooney has become lumped in with Hirten, people are getting tired of my writings here on the website, Santiago has been lumped in too, as has Roaldson and Defina. If you read "Roy's Rag" basically every elected Shop Steward is a "Bad Apple" , and as Levy says let's find a mechanism to throw these guys out. In Nazi Germany they just developed the "ultimate solution" . Wouldn't it be nice if all these people that disagree with us would just dissapear.

What would PERB think? Would NYSUT respect us then? I've heard the cop-out "We're really only an Association", but didn't we all agree this Winter to act as a Union. I know Bruce Meirowitz walked out of a meeting over these Principles, while Levy, Adler, Lieberfarb, Epstein, Dirico, and Lester all stayed,are they deviod of principles, or is this just another example of "situational ethics"?

Think long and hard before you allow the appeasement of this group to insert a mechanism to impeach Shop Stewards, you'll all be happy to get rid of Hirten, but you'll also get rid of Rooney, Roaldson, Santiago, and every other lifeguard who has any conscious or principles. You'll also be no closer to a contract with pay raises and retro pay, and the prospect of a self governing union.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic