Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Union Elections
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post Union Elections Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:30 pm
I think its time we all know who is going to run for offices this year. This year marks a significant time for our union. The new people elected will be taking us through some rough seas and it is important that we all have time to make an informed decision.

I think we should have a published memo out to all beaches listing the candidates and some of their qualifications at least a week prior to the election. We are asking people to make a huge decision here and all need time to make a mature and informed choice. The longer we wait the less chance newer guards have to figure out who people really are. That will just lead to people voting for candidates that their buddy or a more seasoned guard tells them to vote for rather than someone they have had the chance to meet and learn about.
Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:43 am
Ron;
You've run before so you're fully aware of the JBLC union electioneering that goes on. As I told Santiago we'll need to get the word out on the candidates, and by July 16th they'll have to have their petitions in. I have a feeling tonights meeting of the Shop Stewards should lay out the groundwork for the upcoming elections. Every interested lifeguard should turn out to get themselves informed.
See you there; Rooney
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic