Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
OVERTIME vs.PAY RAISE/RETRO
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post OVERTIME vs.PAY RAISE/RETRO Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:03 pm
hello everyone...roaldsenjr is 100% correct...
no contract...
no pay raise...
no full retro payment...
then the state-the man...nyscobpa-perb...ask us for a favor to keep the beaches open...almost at full staff...and we say yes...

i contacted kieth zulko from nyscobpa...today via email...
next i contacted owen johnson...my local rep...via email...
if i get no response i will call them tomorrow...
it does not hurt to try...

the weather looks to be H...H...H...that means big crowds and big bucks...it is in the best interest of the state, nyscobpa, and for the safety of the patrons at JB...for the lifeguards to get a fair and justified contract/raise...and what ever else that we earned the last couple of years...

im not telling anyone to do anything but i will do my part...and fight for what i deserve...
i have also contacted my lawyer...

if anyone has any questions for me feel free to email me or come on down to wbho...
santiago
Post I don't know.... Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:47 pm
cgrey
I don't know how anyone else feels, but I think we deserve a raise. And considering the Greenies, who need no training got a raise, we definitely deserve one
Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:55 pm
But the greenies don't have a union, so there are no union dues and no overhead, they just deal directly with management? What do you think Carl?
Post time for a laugh... Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 pm
wow i cant believe a new writr...introducing colin grey...good to see you aboard...i have faith...keep the faith...more rescue days will help...
and i think we now call the greenies...state workers...
that is unless they call us the bluies...
and if that is the case im calling the emts the yellowies and sometime redies...
anyone in park info the tannies...rangers...greyies
and the wso will now be the nicely pressed bright colored oxford...
regards...santiago
Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:18 pm
The State workers are in a union-CSEA-they pay dues and they hate their union. They settled with the state a long time back for almost nothing and they can be sent home, called in when needed and do not have a 40 hour week deal. If they get called in-they consider themselves lucky-
Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:52 pm
CSEA, I think they were interestedin getting us at one time. Keith Zulko wrote me that back when the lifeguards were in Council 82 as local 2744, Council 82 tried to cut a deal with CSEA for them to take us and CSEA turned them down. Now NYSCOPBA wants us back and NYSUT is paying our legal bills. I just recieved a copy of our first written contract with Council 82 as our representative. It's three pages long and was negotiated on May 23rd, 1972, and signed on June 5th, 1972. I've asked Mike Defina to post it here for all the membership to see. We got a 4 % raise back then, and I think the 13 SCABS from the Strike of 1971 when right to top pay, I'll have to ask Bob Hirten to confirm that. It took almost a year but Roy Lester and Jay Lieberfarb finally opened the "secret" vault and produced a document in writing, signed by an Attorney!
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic