Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
it is sooo sad...
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests
Post it is sooo sad... Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:51 pm
well hello everyone...santiago here...ive been living down in jaxsonville for the last couple of months...even though i wish i could be up in ny to attend the meetings i find it interesting to take a back seat and see what really goes on...

first off i would like to state that the problem i see with the union or the board...no one is on the same page...SS are not representing the views of lifeguards on their beach...the job of the EB is to have no opinions and to represent the views of the corps...this is not happening...i can tell you the lifeguards at my beach dont care what suit we wear for the rehire...they care about a raise...and about the retro check...

second as i read the posts about the suits...it was brought up why not use this as a way to get the raise or the retro...so for example we would take the test in any suit the state wants but in return we would get a raise or the retro...im down for that...

i had a discussion with a mid aged lifer and he said the jb suits would slow him down and he was not down with changing the suits...the funny thing is he has not been swimming...not once all winter...so what is the deal...

i actually feel that if the people who are complaining about the suits would use that time to swim all winter...they would have no issues with the suits...and i will state that i know the issue is not the suit it is the taking by the state and not receiving...which brings me to my next point...

what is going on with the raise and the retro...no one ever talks about that...the real issues...what about uniforms for the rookies will we have them this year...and if the ss or the capts want to meet with the state and the parks why not...because the taylor law...then dont get paid for it...go on your own time...and see what they have to offer if you dont like it then no big deal...back to square one...

and finally i want to say thanks to salino, merowitz, tommyd, and the mr j. rooney...and anyone else speaking there minds...you are keeping me up to date and they actually are speaking what they feel and trying to help the corps...they stand up for what they believe is right and will not be intimidated by the EB...they are opening other avenues and ways to discuss positive steps to improve the situation at jb...and i thank them from the bottom of my heart...

so that is it for me...hope this reaches you all well and i would like to take this chance to ask the lifeguards the ones that make the beach safe the guys on three east or four west how do you feel...say something...your voices should be heard...

ok now let the santiago bashing begin...
santiago...wbho
Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:10 pm
Santiago,
No bashing, just some info. I too would like to see the raise and retro check, but no matter what is done down here-it will not be tied to the pay raise and a new contract. Unfortunatley for us NYSCOPBA is our bargaining unit and they must get a contract signed with the State up in Albany. The powers at the Long Island part of Parks can not negotiate pay raises and contracts- just stuff like equipent, uniforms, staffing and the like.

So, we will wait to see if NYSCOPBA can get a contract signed and a deal for some retroactive pay.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:14 pm
Santiago;
Welcome back Brother, nice to see someone's concerned about the guy sitting 3 West. I thought the rescues travel out from the mainstand? I hope the officers and Executive Board will keep the general membership informed on the latest info,after the meeting today. Why not use the internet like NYSCOPBA and GOER do, I thought that was the goal of >jblifeguard.org<? You can always tune into FREEJBLC.NET. Check out www.goer.state.ny.us/cna/bucenter/nyscopbassu/index.html For our latest in written rights as negotiated by NYSCOPBA. Read the side letter pertaining to the Jones Beach lifeguards showing the "meeting minutes" system that has haunted us since our days with Council 82. Will Jay Lieberfarb ever produce the alleged written contract he recieved from Council 82? When did those written contracts end? Seems all was lost after the Jimmy Cash years, I'm surprised no copies exist. Thank God Dave Spence saved the 1979 written constitution that Mark Davy obtained last summer.
I'll let you know how the meeting at Mary Carrolls goes Santiago;
Rooney
Post PAY RAISE Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:40 am
Admin
It was requested the following be posted in response to Retro and Pay Raises we are all hoping for... if you click the picture it will open the adobe pdf version...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:01 pm
When you click on the link for GOER you'll be able to view the 1995-1999, and 1999-2003 NYSCOPBA contracts, check out Appendix D for the seasonal agreement. Also view the side letter that is concerned with the Jones Beach lifeguards. If you need more information feel free to contact your Executive Board member, they can explain what the aggreement means.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic