Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Captains - Where are you?
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
Post Captains - Where are you? Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:29 pm
There are 13 Captains in the Jones Beach lifeguard system, what kind of role are they taking in running the beaches? How about the 21 beach lieutenants? I think it might be benificial for this group of senior lifeguards to get together and discuss the way the beach runs; and maybe form some SOP's that are workable for all the beaches. A document that lays out effective beach operations might help minimize the friction between the various beaches and the Water Safety Office. I'd love to hear some feedback from our senior members, or better yet Let's have these Officers call thier own meeting and discuss our future as a CORPS. The Jones beach lifeguard corps was organized in 1929 with 12 lifeguards and a Captain. It's been around for almost 80 years. Let's regain control over our future before it's too late. By the way has there been any news as to where the Anti Semitism lawsuit has been going? Did Roy Lester give a report at wednesday nights meeting?
Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:30 pm
Latest word I'm hearing on the tuesday night April 24th, 2007 7 PM Captains & Lieutenants meeting; is for all involved parties to contact our Union president Bob Lenti for guidance on the latest union stance. His contact number is (631)804-9066 or e-mail him at pbkc2@aol.com. Why isn't this information out yet on our "official" union website? Cobraduations Bob on finally acting a little presidential, better late than never!
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic