Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Is it a Union or a selective club?
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests
Post Is it a Union or a selective club? Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:51 pm
A number of months ago, the shop stewards and executive board arbitrarily decided to ban me as a steward, even though I was representing East Bathhouse Pool. Keep in mind that most of the stewards were not elected, but were there representing their fields. It is sad that members of this executive board, who we elected, are not willing or capable, of standing up for my rights as a dues-paying union member. Let's look at this executive board.....Mr. Lieberfarb, Treasurer, has not submitted an acceptable financial report during his tenure. In addition, Mr. Lieberfarb has not been employed as a lifeguard for over 22 months. Ex-Captain Lieberfarb has had more drownings on his beach under his tenure than any lifeguard captain in the history of our Corp. Mr. Lester, our elected secretary, who has chosen to take on the role as the "president", has a history of dirt, slime and disgust and has failed to produce minutes of meetings, as recommended and required by the Roberts Rules of Order. As per a statement made by President Lenti, he informed the shop stewards that the appointment of Bob Adler was temporary and in order to be official, had to be voted on during the swim season of 2006. It was not and, therefore, why is Mr. Adler still holding the position of Vice President? Bob Lenti, our President, was basically non-existent last year. It is our hope that when he returns from his medical leave, that he will be more active as President.
Say what you want about me, but it's time that we take a look at this executive board and its personal agendas. I know that this will again raise "anti-Hirten" feelings, but let's remember that it's time for change and not because I'm willing to say it, but because of the lies, deceptions and wrong doings of this executive board.
Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:55 am
GO AWAY-SHUT UP
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic