Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Future Shop Steward meetings
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests
Post Future Shop Steward meetings Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:03 pm
We'll be having future Shop Steward meetings monthly till the rehire test. The dates are tenative but will beheld in the 3rd week of each month. Hopefully meeting notices will come out by e-mail well in advance, accompanied by a tenative Agenda of business to be discussed.
Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am
Dear Jim,
First of all, I am very glad that I was allowed entry onto the new web site, as I had been blocked before. Secondly, can you fill me in on what happened at the last shop stewarts' meeting? I heard a little about it from Cornacchia and tim Graham, but I would love to hear your take on it. -Da Hammer
Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:03 pm
John; I'll give you a recap next time I see you; Rooney
Post SS Mtg. Dates Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:03 pm
Two tentative Shop Steward meeting dates per month were agreed upon, in case there were conflicts with NYSUT using the room for their purposes: Feb. 13 and 15 (the 14th is Valentines"s Day); March 21,22: April 18,19; May 16,17. Bruce Meirowitz will contact us with the final dates when he gets the room booked.

We will also have "pre-meetings" with just the Stewards in attendance. The last two formal meetings showed us that "Stewards only meetings" really are a necessity. We encourage all Stewards to attend. The issues are important, and your opinion matters.
Post Inquiry sent Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Today I sent an email and pm through this site to Bruce, requesting clarification as to the Feb. ss mtg. date. I will post the date when I hear.

(Colts, by a Vinateri field goal one more time...)
Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:31 pm
Dennis;
I'm not sure if Bruce uses this site, even though I'm sure the pm is delivered to his e-mail. I sent him a message over a week ago through this site and he hasn't responded yet. I was interested in attending the meeting that was cancelled for January 24th. Keep me posted when it gets rescheduled.
Regards; Jim
Post Feb. SS Mtg. Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:47 pm
Bruce M. responded to my voicemail tonight, stating he booked the NYSUT room for the Feb. meeting on 2-13. We will meet at 7 PM. He also booked the room for the other months through May. Cary was supposed to post the dates on the other site.

Once again, I believe the stewards need to meet PRIOR to the day of SS/EB meeting. Mark Hansen has been gracious enough to offer his place. There are many issues requiring action. As I suggested prior to the last meeting, please list ALL the topics you feel need attention and bring them to the pre-meeting. Then we can PRIORITIZE them, and go from there. Encourage your fellow stewards to attend.

If you are not a steward and have a topic, contact your steward, or come yourself. We are actively encouraging EVERYONE to participate. The few that have been involved so far are not enough. We welcome your assistance.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic