Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
Shop Steward Meeting
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post Shop Steward Meeting Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:49 pm
How do the other Shop Stewards feel about Roy Lester our Executive Board secretary sharing all past issues of the Bucket & Bouy for use in determining "Past Practice" for the current committee on rewriting the Constitution?
I feel it is vital for us to have all the proper resources to do a full and complete job in updating this document. What do the other members of the Corps feel?
More importantly "What does our president Bob Lenti Feel?"
Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:13 pm
Well, following past practice is BS. Before the free speech of the other forum was deleted, and claimed to be someone else's property, (Intellectual property actually constitutes that the author is the owner of anything he or she writes. To claim that becuase someone operates a means for dislpaying the writings of anything a person writes is absurd), I pointed out distinct violations of the constitution for this season as well as past seasons. Of course there was no reply for why these violations existed. Some of the violations I pointed out:

1. The constitution clearly states the nature of the procedure following an out of season vacancy on the board. The procedure followed not only involved nepotism, but directly violated the constituion.

2. The constitution states that an annual report is required to be compiled no later than May of each year. No reports were ever made, or made public to the membership.

No one ever had an answer to these violations that I pointed out, becuase there is no answer except that people have blatant disreguard for the rules except when the rules favor themselves or their cronies.

This is an election season. People are fed up. Things WILL change.
Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:51 am
Matt;
There was a post yesterday on the other website stating the next Shop Steward meeting will be the 2nd week of December, I'm assuming between December 11th and December 15th. The Executive Board is compliling agenda items to be covered. I think the annual report that our president Bob Lenti hasn't submtted the past 2 years would be a good item to cover. Any other items you have I'll foward to Cary.
Yours in solidarity; James Rooney
Post Election year Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:18 pm
Hey Guys:
Will we be able to hold elections since we are not even recognized as a union ( Am I correct about not being recognized)
Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:44 am
Tony;
While our Executive Board isn't recognized by The State of New York, The Water Safety Office, or NYSCOPBA our parent Union. We as a group are still recognizing them and using our Constitution of 1979, see the posted copy on the site. We're acting as a Club, or more accurately an Employee Organization. Feel free to contact your Shop Steward or attend the next meeting of our Assembly. We had 16 of 20 facilities represented last month, so interest has been pretty high.
Yours in solidarity; James Rooney
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic