Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
enough is enough
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests
Post enough is enough Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:34 pm
mrvertuccio2
ok...I thought the pissing and moaning had stopped with the election of this Executive Board...nope...wrong...stupid of me...my bad...I apologize!!!
For now on I think no posts should be made unless you have an idea of how to correct what you percieve to be a problem!! Did Bruce maybe make a mistake...maybe yes...maybe no...but I won't put him on the spit and roast him....yet!!! I like that Tony B is reporting thiese things but enough on the HOmeboy rule!! Enough on beach reps have to check back on every issue with their crew...I trust my beach rep to do what he/she thinks is right...just keep me and the crew informed of what is going on!
Lastly maybe we should abolish the Executive Board and all the beach reps and go with a supreme dictator who will rule and make decisions all on his/her own....their title would be Supreme Lord and Lifeguard Dictator for Life!! (if you really took this last paragraph seriously, then you need to get a life)

Lifeguard for Life
Post Re: enough is enough Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:29 am
mike_d
well said Mr. Vertuccio

In my opinion it is not in good faith that last year a 25 year lifeguard could not get full time pre-season because of a 3 year guard who happens to be a boatswain. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that's just plain wrong. And I will go to court and back-up this decision if necessary as someone who was directly affected for many years and lost many days of base salary.
Post Re: enough is enough Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:06 am
Ryan Clark
I agree that enough is enough, and I am done complaining on this forum. The reason we have accepted seniority rules, and pre and post season staffing agreements with the WSO is because it works, and it has worked for the best of the corps for a long time. Officers should be given priority pre-season at their field because they are the ones who know that location best and can most effectively lead that beach. If a third year BSN. got preseason at an ocean facility that is a shady deal. We need all of this stuff to be done in the open according to the rules we have functioned by for years which were done by legitimate democratic actions. I think anyone who lost pre-season because of the illegal rule change, or can not take advantage of the In House Transfer rule that has also not been done according to the letter of our constitution should also follow my esteemed colleague Defina to court and sue for lost wages without due process of law. When we do things behind the scenes and fail to follow proper protocols we lose the one power we have as a union besides solidarity: the moral high ground for following established rules and procedure.

In conclusion, I have a great solution for all of our problems: Timely information sent out to all members, and following the constitution exactly as it is written, and that includes the amendment procedure. I am willing to sit on any committee, work with anyone to make sure we are open, honest, and transparent in all of our future dealings. I can only hope the Executive Board chooses to use what skills I have to offer.
Post Re: enough is enough Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
mike_d
Ryan, if you run for a position on the Executive Board - you have my vote. Best, Mike
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic