Board index FAQ Search View unanswered posts View active topics Register Login
JBLC Forum
Jones Beach Lifeguard Corps
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2010
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic

First unread post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
Post CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2010 Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:31 pm
Frank Salino
PDF (click here)

Attachment:
new 2010 cpr info.doc [26.5 KiB]
Downloaded 849 times

Frank Salino
Class of '78
Who Watches the Watchmen
Post Re: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2010 Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am
James Rooney
Frank;
Just a heads up for this season. I furloughed last season, but took the Union's advice and showed up and took one of your classes. This year when I picked up my ID card it had the notation that my CPR has been lapsed. I spoke to Steve Aggostinacchio at the rehire test and Steve told me, "If you are not working you are not allowed to take the CPR classes!".
I'm not sure if any other furloughed lifeguards had the same problem, but maybe we can look into it so we don't have a similar problem this season.
Regards; James Rooney
Post Re: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2010 Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:16 pm
teamfischer
Jim,
That is a huge heads up. Especially since it affects A LOT of lifeguards. How many guards used the VLOAP (voluntary leave) last year, and how many this year? My guess might be 50 each year. In total, that is 25% of the whole corps, so it is not an understatement to call it a significant corp-wide concern.
Possibly/hopefully there is a way that this can be addressed. If anyone needs for me to make some calls to research this further, help resolve, or find an alternative solution, just let me know how I can help.
Post Re: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer 2010 Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 pm
Frank Salino
In the past all medical leave and furlough guards were able to take the class-we have several alumni who take the class each year- they do not receive any pay for the class. If things have changed, I was never notified. So, please encourage anyone who is out this season to show up at a class. I don't get a list from the state to even check who is active or not.
The State would be stupid to make this process harder than it already is. I will get in touch with a higher authority to make sure we do not have problems with CPR/AED recertification.
Thanks or the info.

Frank Salino
Class of '78
Who Watches the Watchmen
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] Post new topic Post new topic   Reply to topic Reply to topic